Infrastructure Manager (Operational Planning)
We are looking for two Infrastructure Managers (Operational Planning) to join our Infrastructure Management team at Centrica DTS in Staines.
These are Operational Planning focus roles within a busy, fast pace and complex environment.
As an Infrastructure Manager, you will have a strong planning background, the ability to operate in complex and fast paced environments, and excellent communication skills. You will also have a strong technical infrastructure background.
You will be planning and managing change events for delivery of large or complex change, and infrastructure change including patching, upgrades, service continuity tests and fixes. You will also be delivering a smooth and seamless transition into production, minimising service risk for our business and customers.
You will be reporting into the Head of DTS Infrastructure & Release Management and amongst your main responsibilities you will be:
- Manage the assessment, analysis, planning and design of infrastructure changes, ensuring effective integration across the estate
- Engage project managers, technical teams and suppliers to create approach and integrated plans, building in durations, dependencies, impacts and required outages
- Hold walk-throughs and ‘dress rehearsals’ where necessary to measure timings and validate the plans, book resources and raise changes
- Manage go/no go criteria including test outcomes, execute plans through real-time orchestration of technical teams, manage checkpoints and ensure systems are fully restored for our customers
- Communicate progress to stakeholders throughout the events through regular updates and hotline messages, ensure post-release support is in place and conduct post implementation reviews
- Plan, coordinate and deliver infrastructure environments to meet projects’ non-functional requirements, ensuring configuration meets relevant security and operational standards
- Ensure that changes are recorded, evaluated, authorised, prioritised, planned, tested, implemented, documented and reviewed effectively
- Incorporate reversion points and other measures to manage risk and proactively address operational issues to restore services within SLA
- Build effective relationships with virtual teams and other stakeholders, managing expectations and inspiring confidence in delivery
- Define, apply and improve release and infrastructure management policies, procedures and governance, in line with industry best practice.
You will be technically very strong with a good understanding of infrastructure and platforms down to server level
You will have experience in planning and excellent communication skills
The following attributes will be also important:
- Process-driven, structured and analytical approach
- Strong negotiator and facilitator, with excellent communication skills
- Ability to produce and manage detailed implementation plans
- Ability to engage, build and sustain effective relationships
- Ability to manage and motivate virtual team
- Operational role in complex IT estate within a large organisation
- Experience in Change, IT Infrastructure and Release Management disciplines
- Strong commercial awareness and business knowledge
- Use of Service-Now
- ITILv3 Service Management Foundation qualified
Competitive salary and benefits.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Infrastructure Manager (Operational Planning) R9941484’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.