Customer & Sales Agent
The focus of this position is working with and through others. This person will build and maintain relationships while working closely and accurately within the established guidelines of the position. Our ideal candidate is an effective communicator; someone who is able to stimulate, motivate and engage our customers while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns. This person must be friendly, professional and genuinely interested in the needs of our customers while maintaining a positive and proactive approach to the position’s established guidelines and goals. A persuasive, teaching style of communication is required to communicate effectively with your customers and peers. Since the nature of our phone calls is time-sensitive, the work must be done in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of accuracy and customer service.
• High School Diploma or GED required; some college preferred.
• Minimum of 2-4 years of previous experience within a customer facing environment required
• Must be sales oriented with a HIGH focus on customer service/experience
• Must be socially focused; “How can I help you?” attitude
• Prefers to work in a fast-paced environment
• Effectively translates complex information into common terms
• Persuasive, “selling” (rather than “telling”) communication style
• Strong desire to work within a team oriented environment with high level of collaboration and teamwork.
• Type 30+ WPM, and ability to navigate through several internet based applications
• Proficient in Windows-based computer programs with excellent navigation skills
• Dependable and punctual in assigned work schedule
• Inbound call environment from current internal and external customers nationwide (70% of the day); additional admin/clerical duties (10% of the day); outbound follow-up with customers with outstanding questions/concerns (20% of the day).
• Scheduling service appointments with customers in a timely, professional manner
• Setting up accounts/contracts with new customers
• Provide resolution to customer concerns, deescalate customer concerns by providing professional courteous, and clear communication of warranty information
• Route customer calls accordingly based on customer needs
• Responsible for establishing rapport with new and existing customers, identify needs to sell, cross-sell, and renew Direct Energy products and services.
Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA