Product Marketing Specialist
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
This individual will also be responsible for interacting with the Regional Sales Teams and the Key Accounts Sales Team on a regular basis to co-develop and implement marketing plans designed to achieve business objectives. The Product Marketing Specialist will be responsible for marketing all products and services to new leads and existing customers. Marketing plans will include outbound and inbound campaigns, custom in-person events/seminars, webinars, and sports sponsorships. The success of this individual will primarily be measured by the number of leads that are ultimately converted to customers, propensities of customers to buy multiple products, and retention rates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent field
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a Marketing field
- 3-5 years of Digital Marketing Experience
- Experience working with Marketing Automation tools such as Marketo or Pardot
- Successful track record working on integrated marketing programs with multiple stakeholders.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and desire to win.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong aptitude for reporting & analytics
- Ability to support multiple tasks & deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders across a complex organizational structure
- Comfortable speaking to large audiences
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
- Energetic and accountable work style/comfortable working under tight timelines and with a sense of urgency even when information may be ambiguous
- Develop strategic marketing campaigns that will build awareness of Direct Energy Business and our products and services.
- Identify the appropriate target audience that is most likely to buy specific products and services.
- Build campaigns via our Marketing Automation System that fully leverage the outputs from our predictive models.
- Collaborate with the Sales Teams to ensure that all campaigns are aligned to regional objectives.
- Develop hypotheses, testing roadmaps and reports for A/B and multivariate tests.
- “Close the loop” by incorporating learnings from campaigns and A/B tests into future marketing efforts.
- Demonstrate steady year-over-year improvements in leads, lead conversions, cross-sell propensities, and retention rates.
- Share learnings and recommendations with Senior Management on a monthly basis.
- Work to improve and progress the optimization processes, tools, and strategies within the DEB Marketing department
- Own tactical responsibility, at the direction of Marketing Directors, related to implementation of digital strategies within top priority campaigns and messaging.
- Analyze market trends and potential market opportunities and participate in market research, market planning, and product development.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text