- Fundamental Analysis
- Tactical and strategic trade recommendation within the oil derivative space
- Maintaining and developing analytically focused trading decision tools
- Technical Analysis and Charting
- Back testing of trading strategies
- Hedging decisions
- Provision of fundamental analysis and forecasts for global oil markets within the short and long term time-frame.
- Assistance of traders through the identification of market opportunities and provision of trade recommendations.
- Strategic analysis, assessing the impact of political decisions or developments on both global oil upstream and downstream infrastructure.
- Maintenance and development of analysis tools, methods, systems and applications. Develop knowledge of physical and financial trading including derivative instruments.
- Candidate requires experience of the aforementioned in the context of a risk/trading environment either within a trade or financial institution and needs some proven track record of transforming fundamental or systematic pricing analysis into commercial recommendations
Successful candidate will be required to assist in knowledge share and professional mentoring of EM&T junior talent so that indigenous oil analytical brain trust is established and maintained for long term strategic growth purposes.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Oil Analyst R9943811’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.