Customer Resolution Analyst
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
This position is responsible for initiating the case review process, completing an assessment of the case, developing and executing a case resolution, issuing review outcome notifications to appropriate parties of the case, and serving as a company liaison with customers and other external parties.
The Customer Resolution Analyst would be expected to provide an exceptional customer experience through the resolution of complex customer issues by reviewing, analyzing, and resolving various customer impacting issues. The Customer Resolution Analyst may need to proactively reach out to customers to obtain information and debrief once assignments are completed and communicates with internal and external stakeholders for reporting, issue progress, and customer experience improvement projects. The Customer Resolution Analyst will work under limited supervision with a certain degree of creativity and latitude. The Customer Resolution Analyst would be expected to perform a variety of tasks, and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree preferred, with 3-5 years of experience in a customer facing, billing, remittance or energy field working in a team-oriented environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Organized with an attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, comfortably making rational and reasoned decisions which directly impact customer experience
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with and influence personnel at various levels throughout organization
- Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple priorities, working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Well-developed communication, questioning and listening skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient with Salesforce
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Cultural fit personally and professionally within the Customer Experience group possessing an outgoing personality to deliver the best service for our customers, external stakeholders, and internal employees
- Deliver timely and accurate research, creating, managing and maintaining appropriate records in Salesforce.com.
- Evaluate, manage, and resolve inbound issue resolution requests from Sales, Customer Relations, Key Client Services and other internal and external parties, assigned to the Resolution Team within the designated response time.
- Issue a resolution based on analysis of facts gathered from customer, system of record, billing systems, and other internal contacts.
- Communicate proposed resolution with customer and follow up to insure recommended course of action has been followed.
- Interact with customers regularly to seek clarification, address issues, provide progress updates and review actions taken for resolution.
- Review and analyze reporting for internal and external parties to manage financial exposure, prior to processing transactions.
- Extract relevant data from various systems.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal functional teams and executive managers.
- Influence and document the resolution of the issue from appropriate stakeholders, as necessary.
- Monitor, manage, and respond to external requests for issue resolution within established timelines, including but not limited to ERCOT Market Track, Public Utility Commissions, and third party vendors.
- Facilitate cross functional meetings as needed to address customer impacting issues and processes.
- Develop and manage new departmental procedures to create efficiencies and streamline processes with a focus on improving the customer experience.
- Build knowledge of various products and other company-wide information over time.
- Perform other functions as necessary or as assigned.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text