Commercial Modeling Analyst - Distributed Energy
The Commercial Modeling Analyst is a member of the North American Distributed Energy (NADE) Commercial team that is part of DE&P. The NADE team is delivering bespoke distributed energy solutions to large commercial and industrial energy users. Reporting directly to the Manager of Commercial Financing, this role is expected to work collaboratively across the Centrica organization to assist with the Commercial Financing effort.
- Strong financial reasoning, business, and commercial analytical skills
- Deal origination and execution experience
- Strong financial/capital structure modeling skills
- Commercial finance experience a plus
- Critical, creative and strategic thinking in identifying issues/opportunities and drawing appropriate conclusions
- Demonstrated passion/interest in power industry evolutions and trends
- Resourcefulness/self-starter, flexibility/adaptability when working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to convey options and decisions to non-finance/non-commercial partners
- Quantitative Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Engineering is strongly preferred
- Three to five or more years industry related experience required
- Industry experience – including but not limited to – energy/power, renewables, accounting/finance/treasury, commercial financing, investment banking/private equity, capital markets/M&A, or consultancy
This role is responsible for modeling financing solutions for NADE distributed energy projects as well as assisting in developing and improving our Commercial Financing team processes.
Assist in developing, researching/diligence and maintaining relationships with existing and prospective external financing counter parties and investors.