Software Engineer - Full Stack - Distributed Energy Group
Centrica is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, providing energy solutions to over 240,000 large energy customers in North America alone. Within Centrica, Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) is a global business that serves our customers’ growing need for energy efficiency, flexible onsite generation, energy management and optimization solutions: www.centrica.com/distributed-energy/.
Distributed Energy North American Technology and Product Development team is looking for talented, self-starting engineers to join us at our Bellevue, WA office where you will help enhance, connect and deploy our real-time energy monitoring, demand response, virtual power plant and distributed generation monitoring systems. As a full stack software engineer on this team you will take on responsibilities throughout the software development lifecycle, with special emphasis on early stage proof of concepts and product design. You will take multiple small and medium sized projects from inception to minimum viable product stage, as well as providing support and enhancements for a growing number of micro services that provide functionality to a global organization. The environment will be fast-paced and challenging. You will be required to self-manage, learn quickly, communicate clearly and put to use a variety of technical and interpersonal skills.
This position places you at the intersection of software and energy. You be working directly with senior managers and technology leads in a global organization. Come join us in this fast growing and exciting industry!
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Smart and motivated, with ability to adapt and quickly pick up new skills
- Proven ability to build new products including UI wireframing, API design, etc.
- Experience administering, developing or integrating complex software and database systems
- Experience with Agile, Cloud, DevOps and API development and testing a plus
- Understanding of multiple database systems and their trade offs, including experience with both relational and document based systems
- Working knowledge of queue systems like AMQP, Kafka and Amazon SQS
- Experience with Python 3, or strong desire to learn
- Preference for candidates with a broad range of technical know-how: Windows/Linux servers, Amazon Web Services, RDBMS, web applications, DevOps tools, git and API test tool
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum 3-5+ years experience in software engineering role
- Prefer experience in one or more of: Power industry, IoT systems, data science applications, AWS
- Work with multiple internal teams to develop software solutions within the energy industry domain space
- Support new product development by interacting with stakeholders, gathering requirements, and proposing technical solutions
- Manage engineering tasks in multiple work streams across a broad domain
- Ensure a high level of testing and code quality throughout the organization
- Write status reports, presentations and documentation
- Collaborate closely with other technical teams around the world