Senior Cloud Solutions Architect
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Solutions Architect to join Centrica’s Strategy & Architecture function.
As a Cloud Solutions Architect you will play a key role within Centrica’s Strategy & Architecture function, who are responsible for Strategic direction and Continuous Improvement of Cloud, Hosting, Infrastructure and Core Technical services within Centrica. This role is part of a team of Cloud & Infrastructure Architects, architecting shared, multi-region Hybrid Cloud platforms supporting Centrica Group’s global business.
Reporting into the Head of Cloud Solutions Architecture, you will be providing Architectural & Design Services to internal and business Projects under an Internal Service Provider model, globally across the Centrica group.
You will be driven by a passion for technology, service excellence and an ambition to continuously push the boundaries of how we can improve the services and capabilities offered to Centrica businesses beyond the industry standards.
This role will require you to:
- Document appropriate technical standards and ensure they are communicated and followed
- Facilitate requirements gathering and translation of business requirements into suitable solutions, working closely with relevant technical teams to provide guidance and consultancy for project specific solutions
- Create detailed IT infrastructure solution designs for programmes and projects, delivering against business requirements and architecture standards while building reusable design patterns and reference models
- Ensure the quality of solution architecture and design outputs by applying effective and efficient architectural governance through peer review and design authorities
- Effectively manage relevant technical project and support deliverables by engaging project and business stakeholders
- Be recognized as a leading SME for cloud, infrastructure, hosting and technical solutions
- Establish a close working relationship with cloud enterprise architecture and cloud hosting platform architecture teams ensuring effective group dynamics, prioritization and constant knowledge transfer.
- Recommend design options and set criteria for vendor and product selection for various solutions
- Input into defining the application hosting and cloud platform capability roadmap, and delivery of any relevant capabilities
- Work with 3rd party hosting providers (public and private), to deliver and host business solutions on demand
- Ensure configuration management and versioning applicable to solution related configuration items
- Cost and performance optimization of solutions
You will have the following background and experience:
- It is imperative to have strong communication, stakeholder management, customer satisfaction experience and focus on quality of services, solutions and architectural artifacts
- Extensive experience in an Infrastructure, Cloud Architect or Technical Architect role
- Expert knowledge of AWS or Azure Cloud Platforms and Solutions, as well as industry awareness of competing IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Strong knowledge of architecting the ‘traditional’ infrastructure layers and Data Centre technologies: Network, Compute and Storage stacks and strong virtualization experience with emphasis on Service Levels (SLAs), High Availability (HA) and Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (DR)
- Broad Network and Security knowledge o Strong Knowledge of Core Infrastructure and Shared Infrastructure Services
- Knowledge of Layered Application Stacks including Databases, Web & Middleware technologies o Identification and assessment of Solution alternatives (inc. Cost comparisons, TCO)
- Building Great Relationships:
- Impact and influencing skills
- Making Change Happen:
- Stakeholder management
2. Education and Certifications
- Bachelor degree level or relevant equivalent professional experience
- Architecture Frameworks & SOA, (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman)
- Cloud Solution Architecture o Infrastructure
3. Work Experience
- The person ideally suited to this role should come from a highly technical background within the Cloud, Hosting and Infrastructure arena as well as highly experienced in solution design within a highly matrixed organization.
- Significant experience as an Infrastructure / Solution Architect
- Strong experience as a Cloud Solution Architect
- Experience in a multi-unit organization, advising and collaborating.
- A good understanding of Industry regulatory compliance relevant to cloud deployment
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Senior Cloud Solutions Architect R9938241’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.