Digital Content Manager
The UKB (UK Business) Digital Team is looking for a digital content specialist to work in the digital content team, which is based in Leicester (with travel to other offices as required). Reporting to the Head of Digital Content.
This role forms part of a team that has day-to-day responsibility for developing and maintaining multi-channel content assets including site architecture, quality and SEO.
- Manage all aspects of content production and maintenance for all stakeholders, including videos, imagery and other assets where required.
- Ensure all content throughout the site is optimised for SEO, well written, clear, simple, grammatically and syntactically correct, accurate, up to date and compliant in line with British Gas Tone of Voice and any regulatory or legal requirements.
- Working closely with marketing, propositions, external agencies, customer experience and development teams to drive successful execution of the digital element of campaigns.
- Work with UX to ensure site design consistency and appropriate IA.
- Build strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the organisation to maintain content - meeting customer needs, stakeholder needs and business priorities.
- Keeping up to date with industry best practice and monitoring content activities of competitor websites.
- Own and drive the use of data and insight into decision making within the content team. Using data
- Manage operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Proven experience in a digital content role or in a digital editorial or digital publishing role.
- Digital agency experience preferable.
- Proven experience of delivering projects in an Agile environment.
- Experience of engaging IS and Business stakeholders at a senior level, adapting style and approach accordingly.
- Experience with creating and developing a wide range of digital content – including videos, imagery and infographics.
- Working knowledge of content management systems including Adobe Experience Manager and WordPress
- Experience of using tools like Adobe Site Catalyst and/or Google Analytics or similar
- Previous experience in managing social media channels, especially Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Strong appreciation of good web site design, passionate about all things digital.
- Good understanding of analytical tools to assess content performance, ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Experienced in website optimisation (MVT A/B testing) techniques
What you can expect from us
A stimulating and exciting work environment where you can use your skills to help transform a company and shape an industry
We offer a competitive salary plus a flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle, and promote an open, friendly and welcoming culture and understand the need for a healthy work-life balance, and through a number of well-being initiatives to suit your individual lifestyle we aim to ensure that you as an employee feel valued.
We like to do the right thing and all successful applications will be subject to reference, financial and criminal record checks.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Digital Content Manager R9945014’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.