Data Operations Associate
Data Operations Associate – In a Nutshell
Data Operations Associate
Location: Leicester Spinneyside (LE19 1SZ)
This role is within UK Business’s Data & Insight, Data Management team, responsible for the timely delivery of the best quality data to our stakeholders within UK Business.
The successful candidate will have a range of responsibility all targeted at the long-term health of the UK Business data estate. In particular, the candidate will provide expertise in and guidance on the provision of the right data to the right people at the right time .
- Take ownership of specific projects and tasks, taking responsibility for end deliverables.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support awareness, training and learning initiatives across UK Business to ensure our people recognise data as an asset.
- Provide technical and analytical support for data initiatives including the timely provision and delivery of accurate and complete data to our stakeholders, getting it right first time.
- Ensure that all data initiatives have the customer at the heart of any improvements.
- Work effectively with Data Analysts, colleagues and stakeholders to gather, understand and translate business requirements into tangible and actionable deliverables.
To be successful in this role you will need:
To have an in-depth knowledge of UK Business’s processes, systems and data as well as experience of SAP IS-U and SAP CRM preferred.
Ideally you will also have knowledge and experience of Microsoft SQL Server, including ETL tools such as SSIS, SSRS, as well as Excel and Access.
You will also be required to demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience of using, analysing, manipulating and delivering data.
- Ability to grasp complex problems quickly.
- A strong willingness to learn, investigate and be curious.
- A track record in using new software and picking up its intricacies quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and actively listen to business customers.
- Stakeholder management and ability to operate at all levels.
- Ability to document processes clearly and consistently to ensure resilience and portability of processes within the team.
- Proactive organisation and prioritisation of own work within a team.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change.
- A strong commitment to quality and keen attention to detail
What you can expect from us
A stimulating and exciting work environment where you can use your skills to help transform a company and shape an industry
We offer a generous salary plus a flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle, and promote an open, friendly and welcoming culture and understand the need for a healthy work-life balance, and through a number of well-being initiatives to suit your individual lifestyle we aim to ensure that you as an employee feel valued.
We like to do the right thing and all successful applications will be subject to reference, financial and criminal record checks.
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Data Operations Associate R9944559’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.