Location: Leicester Spinneyside (LE19 1SZ)
This role is within UK Business’s Data & Insight, Data Management team, responsible for the timely delivery of the best quality data to our stakeholders within UK Business. The successful candidate will have a range of responsibility all targeted at the long-term health of the UK Business data estate. In particular, the candidate will provide expertise in and guidance on UK Business’s data, data structure, processes, behaviours and systems.
- Gather, understand and translate business requirements into tangible and actionable deliverables.
- Take ownership of specific projects, taking responsibility for end deliverables.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Support awareness, training and learning initiatives across UK Business to ensure our people recognise data as an asset.
- Provide technical and analytical support for data initiatives including data quality and fixing and the provision of the right data to the right people at the right time (and first time). Support the five key objectives of the team – continual delivery of reporting, investigating, fixing, preventing and monitoring poor quality data.
- Ensure that all data initiatives have the customer at the heart of any improvements.
- Look outside of UK Business and the industry sector to identify best practice and emerging technologies that can be applied to our business, for the benefit of our customers and stakeholders
- To be great in this role you will ideally have an in-depth knowledge of UK Business’s processes, systems and data as well as experience of SAP IS-U and SAP CRM preferred.
- Ideally you will also have experience of Microsoft SQL Server, including ETL tools such as SSIS, SSRS. Knowledge of data warehousing solutions and their implementation would also be an advantage.
- You will also be required to demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience of using, analysing, fixing and delivering data.
- Ability to grasp complex problems quickly.
- A strong willingness to learn, investigate and be curious.
- A track record in using new software and picking up its intricacies quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and actively listen to business customers.
- Stakeholder management and ability to operate at all levels.
- Proactive organisation and prioritisation of own work within a team.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change.
- A commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to write and present project bids and reports, selecting salient points of interest, linked to our business strategy and relevant to time-pressed managers.
What you can expect from us
A stimulating and exciting work environment where you can use your skills to help transform a company and shape an industry
We offer a generous salary up to 41k (dependent on skills and experience) plus a flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle, and promote an open, friendly and welcoming culture and understand the need for a healthy work-life balance, and through a number of well-being initiatives to suit your individual lifestyle we aim to ensure that you as an employee feel valued.
We like to do the right thing and all successful applications will be subject to reference, financial and criminal record checks.
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Data Analyst R9944553’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.