Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation Technician - Peterborough
Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We provide construction services to deliver projects across the UK for industrial and commercial customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for an Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation Technician.
We are looking to fill 2 positions at our Peterborough Power Station, 1 of the roles will be required to work shifts.
Undertaking routine Electrical, Control & Instrumentation maintenance, defect repair and diagnostic tasks to ensure safe and reliable availability of the operational plant and equipment at the Power Station asset complying with legal requirements.
Providing the necessary support to ensure the Operations Department manage the sites Health, Safety and Environmental performance, compliance with relevant site management systems and Centrica practices, policies and legislation.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- building and maintaining competence levels in: operation and maintenance of plant, interaction with NGC/Transco and Centrica, permit to work system, safety rules and emergency procedures and other tasks and duties of the operations and maintenance technicians
- providing Service Support function to the Operations department and ensure defects and status of any maintenance activity is effectively communicated to the shift teams
- supporting the O&M team in conducting and coordinating incident investigation (technical and HSE), ensuring reporting standards are maintained and coordinating the completion of actions
- resolving defects whilst maintaining station performance and meeting operational targets by returning plant to normal operating service
- supporting the delivery of low cost contracts, monitoring performance and review with direction and support of the maintenance/engineering team leader
- carrying out first line maintenance activities, with response to emergency / unscheduled situations in the event of abnormal incidents in order to protect plant and personnel ensuring compliancy with safety and environmental policies
It is essential you hold a HNC or equivalent in an Electronic/Engineering discipline or that you have completed a recognised training programme/apprenticeship e.g C&G Parts I, II & III to achieve Technician status. You need to be flexible, adaptable and enjoy making the business a success. You will need to have strong problem solving skills and be competent in the use of MS Office/SAP. You will need to have effective communication skills to enable you to successfully work with both internal and external personnel. It would also be desirable for you to hold a H&S qualification e.g NEBOSH or IOSHH.
Salary £30,000 + benefits (+ shift allowance where applicable)
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation Technician - Peterborough R9943969’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.