Electrical, Controls and Instrument Engineer
Centrica Business Solutions is a leading provider of sustainable and energy efficient solutions to clients in many private and public sector industries. We have a history of sustained growth and we have excellent opportunities for further significant expansion both in the UK and overseas. Centrica Business Solutions (Europe’s leading CHP supplier) is recruiting and currently looking to fill the position of Electrical, Controls and Instrument Engineer at our head office in Salford.
Location: Salford office, Manchester
Working for the New Product Development Department, this role is an opportunity to engage in design and development of control and power systems for the company’s Combined Heat and Power and Short Term Operating Reserve generator sets.
Accountabilities will involve, but not be limited to:
- Working closely with product, mechanical, software and manufacturing engineers to ensure timely delivery and the highest standard
- For new machines, determine the product requirements and develop a complete electrical design of the control panel, its auxiliary equipment and all related sensors and interconnections
- For existing machines, carry out ongoing updates and improvements
- The design output predominantly consists of the control panel drawings, but also typically include engine harness drawings, cable schedules and block cable diagrams, bills of materials
- Provide support to sales, applications, production, commissioning and service departments
- Liaise with control panel manufacturers and other suppliers
The ideal candidate will come from the panel manufacturing or machinery industry and have working knowledge of practices and standards relevant to Machinery and Low Voltage Directives. Alternative backgrounds will also be considered. Experience in fields of power generation, engine management and functional safety are highly desirable, but not essential.
To be considered for this role, the candidate will demonstrate:
- Minimum of HNC in Electrical Engineering or other related fields
- Experience and proficiency in the design of electrical control systems, LV distribution, electrical motor control and instrumentation
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in AUTOCAD package
Salary - up to £38,000 plus benefits.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Electrical, Controls and Instrument Engineer R9941579’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.