Maintenance Support Engineer - Mechanical
Centrica Storage Limited (CSL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica PLC. CSL operates the Rough gas offshore installations in the southern North Sea and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire.
- Location: Woodland House, Hessle
- Full time; Permanent
To provide material support and technical guidance to the Maintenance Team on Centrica Storage’s Installations Rough 47/3B and 47/8A to ensure maximum plant availability, safely and cost effectively. Support the development of, and implementation of maintenance policies, strategies, plans and standards to achieve key performance indicators, best practices and legislative requirements. Plans and manages maintenance activities such that they are delivered to high standards of health, safety and environmental performance. Implements maintenance planning systems for routine and emergent activities. Achieve plant and equipment reliability in line with overall business objectives through active management of vendors, specialised engineering and inspection companies.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Effective utilisation of CMMS (Computerised Maintenance and Material Management System) to achieve effective preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Provide controls and planning of maintenance activities for routine and shutdown works. Carry out analysis and take appropriate actions to improve system performance.
- Provides technical guidance and asset information into the Small Project Process, Asset Reliability and Asset Maintenance processes.
- Ensure quality and effectiveness of maintenance procedures through on-going reviews with the relevant Technical Authority and support functions to ensure maintenance is properly defined and that resources are optimised in accordance with the company's maintenance philosophy.
- Ensure equipment and plant reliability through initiation of technical studies with the relevant Technical Authority, vendor co-ordination and review of condition based maintenance techniques and analysis.
- Continuous review of maintenance work backlog for each area and establish controls to achieve set targets and performance.
- Identify stock holding for insurance, critical and consumable parts which is consistent with a fast response to equipment breakdown to maximise plant availability.
- Promote and ensure effective communication within the internal organisation, with operations, technical and other interfacing functions to ensure effective execution of work and services. Keep close communication with Technical Authorities, vendors, contractors and outside maintenance service companies.
- Maintain a positive health, safety, and environmental culture amongst all of the staff and contractors involved in operational support and demonstrate by effective leadership that health, safety and the protection of the environment cannot be compromised.
- Agrees the key performance indicators for maintenance with the Offshore Maintenance Manager. Work to achieve the same, reporting on performance and improvement plans.
We are looking for somebody with the following competencies, education and experience:
- Mechanical or equivalent (Aerospace, Marine etc.) degree with relevant experience in Oil and Gas, Petrochemical or similar industry, IEng or working towards CEng status in recognised institute
- Offshore Legislation, Safety Case regulations, PFEER etc
- Offshore maintenance strategies and philosophies
- Safety Critical Maintenance
- Offshore OGUK Medical
- Compex – EX11 or similar
- Proficiency in SAP CMMS is advantageous
- Corrosion and Materials, welding, NDT and pipework
- Static plant, jointing and temporary repair technologies
- Gas Turbines, power generation and gas compression
- Pumps, Centrifugal and Positive displacement
- Lifting Equipment and Lifting Operations
- Heating and Ventilation
- Fire Protection, Active and Passive
- Ideally have a good knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Well-developed planning, scheduling and organisational skills
- Good team leadership and analytical skills; and the ability to influence and communicate at all levels (inc senior management) are essential
- Strong experience in maintenance or technical support of HP gas or oil processing or allied energy and high hazard assets
- Demonstrable safety leadership
- Good track record of people management and experienced in the maintenance of high pressure process plant, rotating equipment, life support systems and associated utilities
- An excellent influencer
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Location: Woodland House, Hessle
- Full time Permanent
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Maintenance Support Engineer - Mechanical R9942840’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.