The Production Technician is an integral part of the Terminals Shift Production Operations Team reporting to the Shift Operations Engineer.
You will be one of a team of Production Technicians operating the onshore gas processing terminals. Emphasis is placed on the planning of work and control of activities during each daily shift and the handover between shifts must be comprehensive and thorough. The job holder will work closely with the Shift Operations Engineer to ensure effective liaison across the Production Team but must operate without supervision on routine activities.
The job holder undertakes safe and environmentally responsible operation and will perform monitoring of one of Barrow’s three terminals (South Morecambe, North Morecambe and Rivers Terminals) also performing ancillary activities to maintain safe operational continuity, ensure product quality and achievement of gas production schedules. Each facility comprises a complex and diverse range of high pressure process plant, utilities and equipment that operates on a 24 hour day/7 days a week basis through a rotating shift system
Reporting to the Shift Operations Engineer, the role is one of a team of production technicians working within the shift production operations team, requiring the flexibility and competence to operate as an area authority.
You will produce relevant production reports with an emphasis on the analytical aspect of how the process operates, sampling and analysing feedstocks, products, effluent and other process materials which is performed in the laboratory using a variety of scientific apparatus.
The role involves operating high pressure gas production/processing plant and utilities equipment in accordance with procedures, utilising both on-plant and control room equipment, monitoring performance through control systems and regular on-site patrol, recording performance data and providing appropriate reports.
You will act as area technician, monitoring and controlling all activities within a defined area of jurisdiction in accordance with permitry specification/constraints and appropriate procedures/work practices
- Supports the Shift Engineer in drawing up Permits to Work and in preparing plant for planned and defect maintenance, ensuring safe working conditions for such activity and controlling the return of plant to service.
- Identifies and reports plant/equipment defects and operating abnormalities, raising and progressing work order defects through the system.
- Performs first line maintenance and remedial tasks, maintaining appropriate records.
- Analyses plant performance data to ensure the plant is performing at optimum efficiency, producing reports and recommendations on the findings.
- Monitors stock levels of chemicals, spheres, spares and consumables to ensure continuity of production capability and extracts process material samples and undertakes analysis to monitor product quality and to ensure that effluent discharges meet specified standards, taking corrective actions as appropriate.
- Develops and reviews plant operating procedures for approval and implementation in line with Company standards and statutory requirement.
- The job holder must support and contribute to the positive safety culture within the operation seeking continual improvement in safety and environmental performance.
- They will demonstrate a sound knowledge of HSE issues and must ensure compliance with all company procedures and legislation.
- The successful candidate will have significant experience in the oil and gas industry and proven competence as area authority.
- The job holder must have effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The role requires a person who is self motivated, flexible and an effective team worker
- The job holder must have the confidence to make judgements, relying on his/her own knowledge to react positively to any incident, to control a situation until the Shift Engineer can take charge.
- The successful candidate will have practical experience and demonstrate a clear understanding of terminal process plant, specifically including the technologies used at the Barrow terminals.
- BTEC Ordinary Certificate or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- An Engineering Apprenticeship with associated experience & qualifications (ONC or equivalent minimum) will ideally underpin the successful candidate’s credentials.
- A working experience of Microsoft office and other IT systems is required.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Spirit Energy is one of Europe’s top independent oil & gas exploration and production companies. It was formed by a joint venture in 2017 between Centrica’s Exploration & Production business and Bayerngas Norge.
The independent company was formed to combine a complementary mix of producing and development assets, and creates a robust, self-financing business to allow both organic and inorganic growth.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Production Technician R9941857’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.