- Location: Hattersley
- Full Time; Permanent
The Debt Analyst will provide analytics to support Credit & Collections and the wider Customer Operations teams in understanding the Debt portfolio. Your day to day duties will include:
- Manage a team of analysts who will be working with Optimisation and Credit & Collections colleagues on the Debt portfolio data
- Build, deliver and develop all regular reporting and insight to support operational and CI teams to improve customer outcomes and reduce BDC and Opex
- Support the Business Data Manager in key projects, representing the Credit & Collections area to ensure that projects are delivering benefits to the business and are fully supported with Data, Analysis and Insight
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships across ES&S in terms of the Debt process and those responsible for the management of debt. Ensure that debt levels are optimised in support of the delivery of our business strategy
- Use and develop appropriate analytical expertise and tools (e.g. SAS, SQL, Excel) to target relevant data and business information to provide insight into the Bad Debt charge to support the delivery of our Debt Strategy and its future direction
- Ensure the competence of the team, leading, motivating, supporting, coaching and developing as required
- Motivate staff to give feedback and ideas for continuous improvement
- Lead by example, ensuring that teams operate in line with Centrica approach and values
We're looking for somebody with the following skills and experience:
- Graduate in a statistics or similar numerate discipline
- Experience of working within an Operational function within a blue chip company
- Strong experience of using SAS as an analytic tool, or a similar product
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and proven ability to manipulate, analyse and interpret data to solve problems logically using a range of advanced analytical techniques
- Awareness of the commercial aims and objectives Centrica, and how Customer Operations and Credit & Collections can support these targets
- Strong technical skills in SAS
- Experience of MS office packages including Excel, Access and PowerPoint and other tools as required to facilitate comprehension and clear decision making
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation and influencing skills, with the ability to present financial information in a clear and concise manner
- Good commercial awareness with the ability to engage and influence key stakeholders and knowledge experts across the business
- Ability to problem solve, apply forward and lateral thinking and make logical decisions
- Understand our internal customers and find cost effective and consistent ways to meet their needs
- Team leadership experience, with an ability to support individuals to achieve planned goals and hold them to account, ensuring that they build capability & skills to fulfil their roles, recognising and rewarding performance appropriately
- Focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them, even whilst working under pressure to tight timescales. Much of the reporting timeframe is very short, so an ability to remain calm under pressure and deliver requirements is essential
- Ability to remain focused, composed, and optimistic in difficult situations and bounces back from failures or disappointments
- Ability to stand back from the detail to expose new possibilities in a positive way by challenging assumptions and encouraging positive debate
- Ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Debt Analyst R9941991’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.