Competitor Intelligence Executive
This is a great opportunity to join the Competitor Insight team and become an expert in the markets that British Gas and its competitors operate in. We are seeking a curious and creative mind to capture and analyse the strategies and tactics BG’s competitors are employing to win customers. Using this expertise, you will then work with stakeholders to fully understand the implications and seek the right solution for British Gas. To do this, you will need to be an excellent communicator, who can build a wide network through which to share and influence the business based on your market and competitor analysis.
- Location : Staines
- Type: Permanent
What will you be doing?
- Primarily, you will work look at the dynamics and competitors within British Gas’ current markets (energy, home services, connected home and insurance) and on macro trends which could impact them
- However, some of the time, you be asked to research adjacent markets
- Build and maintain a view of external trends impacting this consumers and competitors is these markets
- Conduct primary and secondary research on the strategic and competitive landscape
- Translate into concise, compelling documents and distribute them to the appropriate user groups, at both a strategic and tactical level
- Create and manage relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to enable you to bring the competitive world alive through presentations and dialogue
- Understand and adhere to the company and department standards, policies and procedures and build a good understanding of the regulatory environment for our markets
- British Gas UK Home is a Centrica brand operating in four markets: energy, home services, connected home and insurance
- The Competitor Insight team works on British Gas’ competitive landscape. Our goal is to identify market threats and opportunities in our different markets, by studying competitor’s strategies and performance.
- The team belongs in the broader Insight department, and collaborates with a wide range of teams and businesses: Marketing, Pricing, Propositions, Strategy,
- We also work with an extensive range of third parties and agencies to gather insight.
- Must be extremely curious about how companies, markets and consumers work
- Be degree educated or have previous experience within a similar role
- Ideally familiar with the Energy and Home Service sectors
- Good commercial acumen
- Strong stakeholder management skills, particularly with key areas of the business like Propositions, Marketing and Strategy
- Experience working with agencies and 3rd parties.
- Great story-teller: Ability to communicate effectively in person and on paper
- Effective networking and partnering
- Influencing skills, confidence and credibility
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, happy to triangulate a compelling narrative from various sources.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- High degree of energy, resilience, and willingness to drive for results
- Great team player and sense of humour
Base Salary upwards of £32k – dependant on experience + excellent benefit package.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Competitor Intelligence Executive R9943599’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.