Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We provide construction services to deliver projects across the UK for industrial and commercial customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician. This role is based at our Combined-Cycle Power Plant in Kings Lynn.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Executing routine and non-routine maintenance activities in accordance with agreed procedures and operational requirements to ensure plant is operating safely, effectively and efficiently. Ensures safe working practices and procedures are adhered to within the work area
- Carry out first line maintenance activities, with response to emergency / unscheduled situations in the event of abnormal incidents in order to protect plant and personnel ensuring compliancy with safety and environmental policies
- Investigates complex technical problems relating to critical plant, identifies, diagnose and reports defects within the plant utilising the Maintenance Management system. Defects are resolved whilst maintaining station performance and meeting operational targets by returning plant to normal operating service
- Preparing work method statements, risk assessment and / or plant operating instructions ensuring the required level of maintenance to asset is achieved and records maintained
- Preparing work orders; ordering spares, completing risk assessments and identification of resources
- Provide practical discipline leadership for the work, carrying out the delegate person responsibility to assist in ensuring site compliance and elements of the Business Management System reflect the site practices
- Adopt technical lead role where technical specialist in area of work carried out, in accordance with requests from the Maintenance & Engineering Manager
- Provides Service Support function to the Operations department and ensures defects and status of any maintenance activity is effectively communicated to the shift teams
- Support the delivery of low contracts, monitoring performance and review with direction and support of the Mechanical Engineer
Owing to the technical nature of this role you must hold a minimum of a ONC (or equivalent experience) in an appropriate engineering subject and have extensive experience in power generation. Flexible approach adapting quickly to things new, changes in the job and work environment and who enjoys being fully involved in ensuring the business is a success.
Note: The plant is currently undergoing major upgrade and overhaul thus the first 12 months of this appointment will be to support extensive Balance of Plant Maintenance works working in conjunction with the Kings Lynn Maintenance team and multiple nominated contractors across all systems on site. Transitioning to commissioning support and flexible working will be required then followed by the initiation of operation of the plant commercially.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Mechanical Maintenance Technician R9943315’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.