Junior Project Manager - Cornwall
The Cornwall Local Energy Market (LEM) is a pioneering £19m project, part funded by European Regional Development Funding (ERDF) and Centrica’s Distributed Energy and Power (DE&P) division. It intends to solve distribution network constraints using flexible demand, generation and storage thus reducing the need for traditional network reinforcement. It intends to develop practical solutions to enable the more effective balancing of local generation and demand. The project started in Q4 2016 and will run for three years.
We are looking for a Junior Project Manager to become a part of our team and help deliver this world-leading project. Due to the dynamic and innovative nature of the project, the successful candidate will likely have previous experience and knowledge of developing renewable energy projects, comfortable with technical detail (ideally an engineering graduate), be quick on their feet, able to adapt to new challenges, and to provide high quality deliverables at short notice.
The role requires knowledge of project development (DNO liaison, planning), previous project management experience, strong grasp of technical details, and above all tenacity and diligence in tracking and coordinating delivery of key project milestones
The Junior Project Manager will be based at Centrica’s Truro office, this is a Fixed Term Position for 12 months. This role will close for applications on Thursday 22nd February 2018.
Centrica’s Cornwall LEM is made up of four key projects: Software Development, Technical Installations, Storage & Renewables, and Residential. As well as this, there is a research workstream that incorporates key learnings from overseas markets into the LEM and derives key learnings from the LEM over the course of the three year project.
Under the guidance of the Storage and Renewables Project Manager, you will assist in:
- Supporting end to end delivery of renewable and energy storage projects, from pre-contract stage through to connection and handover to operation and maintenance
- Draft, update and manage project plans for 2 to 3 large scale installations
- Maintain robust governance packs for projects, keeping risks, issues, meeting minutes, action plans, and stakeholder plans up to date
- Provide input into reporting and management control systems effectively and efficiently
- Coordinate input into client proposals and stakeholder communications
- Ensure all live project related documentation and records are filed and maintained in the appropriate place, in accordance with compliance requirements e.g. drawings, governance packs, project plans, correspondence, purchase orders, invoices
- Track and update budgets, ensuring prompt receipt of purchase orders and payment of invoices
- Represent the Renewables and Storage PM at internal and external meetings where required, ensuring continuity
- Competent project manager, with knowledge of PM frameworks, methodologies and systems
- Experienced health and safety practitioner in a construction/technical installation environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Project and Excel.
- Excellent organisational skills, adept at breaking down high level plans into manageable steps, identifying key milestones and check point to ensure plans stay on course
- Comfortable with working in an agile environment, able to adapt and manage varied workloads and conflicting priorities to changing requirements and priorities
- Tenacious approach, persistent and calm under pressure. Knows when to hold back and utilise experience of others
- Clear communicator – presents information effectively and in a professional manner at one-to-one and group levels, documents actions and decisions
- An understanding of the fundamentals of energy markets from a commercial and technical perspective
- Previous project management experience in construction field. Ideally related to energy storage and/or renewable energy project
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a science/energy/engineering related discipline
Travel Requirements Cornwall office based with some site travel in Cornwall. Occasional national travel
Salary £25-£30,000 + benefits.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Junior Project Manager - Cornwall R9943373’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
Closing date - Thursday 22nd February 2018