Senior Pricing & Costing Analyst
Senior Data Analyst – Pricing and Costing – In a Nutshell
Over-arching objective of the role is to be the gatekeeper of all data, models, tools and internal processes within the team. Ensuring that all data is quality checked and sanitised before it is processed; models are designed and developed accurately and in line with modelling policy and best practice; internal processes are risk / error free with appropriate governance controls applied and the overall tools architecture is fit, compliant and appropriate for the team – enabling it to achieve its objectives.
Senior Data Analyst – Pricing and Costing – Accountabilities
Models, Tools and Data
- Own the design, development and testing of all tools, models and databases within the team.
- Own, design and manage the data policy and processes within the team
- Ensure that any new tools or improvements to existing tools or models are rolled out in an accurate and timely fashion – such that there is minimal or no impact to BAU delivery
- Understand tools development / model development best practices; team and organisation policies and ensure that all tools and models are in line with the said practices or policies
Operational / Risk Management
- Regular monitoring, analysis and reporting of all bugs, along with their root cause and impact, being reported to the team by internal or external stakeholders
- Carry out root cause and/or impact analysis with the required degree of rigour so as to balance the speed and accuracy of resolution along with managing the commercial impact to the business
- Conduct regular audits and checks of the models and processes within the team; identify and resolve issues as required.
- End to end production and delivery of requisite tools or data extracts on a regular or as required basis
- Using own initiative, available data and research tools to uncover findings and translating into a database (eg. Mystery shop database).
- Engaging with other parts of the business to agree prioritisation of issues and requests and to deliver solutions in a timely fashion, acceptable quality whilst managing the over arching objectives of the team and the organisation
- Manage staff in line with organisation values and policies. Mentor other junior members of the team to improve overall knowledge sharing and cross team working.
- Ensuring appropriate governance, controls and reporting are in place for all key processes
Senior Data Analyst – Pricing and Costing – Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Passionate about using customer insight to identify commercial opportunities through pricing
- Good understanding of the commercial aims and objectives of British Gas
- Numerical background, via qualification or experience.
- Must have advanced Excel & Powerpoint skills.
- Experience of SQL preferable but not essential.
- Knowledge of existing BGB price structures preferable but not essential.
- Elec and Gas Industry background would be helpful.
- Be a clear and confident communicator.
- Analytical, with both an eye for detail, as well as the ability to see key trends.
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Senior Pricing & Costing Analyst R9943429’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.