C&C Provision Analyst
This is a 12 month fixed term role.
To own and maintaining the debt provision model for UKH, providing insight into trends around the provision rates in order to increase the profitability of the business. Supporting, and improving, data within UKH to ensure accurate and timely decisions can be made, increasing the profitability of the business, remaining committed to treating customers fairly.
- To run the provision model with minimal supervision and to be able to produce updates on trends to senior management.
- Provide insight and analysis around provision and debt for UKH and to help identify trends within the data to feedback into the business in order to make recommendations and improvements.
- Support the Business Finance teams with improving the underlying data used by the function, to allow for accurate and timely reporting, insight and decision making.
- Provide support around the year-end audit process for Provision with PWC and where necessary act as point of contact for them.
- Manage operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate.
- Ensure information systems are operated to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records.
- Develop and maintain productive, successful relationships both within and outside of the Commercial function.
- Effectively communicate project status through appropriate management reporting and presentation to stakeholders
- Ensure there are adequate resources, including contingency arrangements, to run the business and meet our customer commitments.
- Strong experience of using SAS/SQL as an analytic tool, or a similar product
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills, and able to present financial information in a clear and concise manner
- Experience of working within a finance function, or an Operational function within a blue-chip company
- Aware of the commercial aims and objectives of British Gas, and how Customer Operations can support these targets.
- Experience of MS office packages including MS Excel, MS Access and MS Powerpoint
- Strong facilitation, presentation and influencing skills
- Good commercial awareness with the ability to engage and influence key stakeholders and knowledge experts across the business
- Ability to problem solve, apply forward and lateral thinking and make logical decisions
- Results driven whilst working under pressure to tight timescales. Much of the reporting timeframe is very short, so an ability to remain calm under pressure and deliver requirements is essential
Competitive salary and benefits.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: C&C Provision Analyst R9942977’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.