As a successful Capital Modeller you will maintain, develop and run the BGIL’s Capital Model, across all relevant risk types, in line with business and Solvency 2 regulatory requirements and provide Capital and Earnings impacts assessments of BGIL risks for regulatory, executive and Board use, with regular reporting and commentary. You will also provide regulatory and economic capital assessments for ORSA purposes.
- Aligned with ORSA/SFCR timetables and as otherwise required, undertake calibration of BGIL’s capital model, produce results and articulate parameter uncertainty through sensitivity testing and relevant other techniques
- Contribute to the ongoing development of BGIL’s Excel and @Risk based Capital Model calculation kernel and ensure the efficient operation of the calculation kernel
- Undertake line 1 validation activity across all relevant risk types, ensuring outputs are appropriate and documented to required regulatory standards
- Contribute to P&L Attribution activity and reporting
- Contribute to the provision of annual PRA returns and other relevant regulatory submissions as required
- Support BGIL wider risk quantification and Stress, Scenario and reverse Stress testing.
- Support the Actuarial Function in conducting regular reviews of BGIL technical Provisions and provide input to BGIL Finance in respect of technical themes (e.g. ENIDs) and development themes
- Highly analytical with attention to detail but able to demonstrate pragmatism where appropriate
- Excellent knowledge of capital modelling/statistical platforms, ideally with experience of @Risk
- Good wider software skills, e.g. VBA programming in addition to advanced Excel skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, in particular, able to understand and communicate complex technical issues clearly
- Experience of working within an actuarial/capital modelling environment
- Excellent grasp of the techniques and principles of capital modelling – relevant Solvency 2 capital modelling experience required
- Strong understanding of principles of General Insurance with preference for consumer lines knowledge.
Competitive salary and benefits.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Capital Modeller R9942272’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.