Commercial Electrical Test & Inspect Engineer - Birmingham
The job of Commercial Electrical Test and Inspection Engineer involves working as part of a team to complete the inspection and testing of low voltage electrical installation work within given timescales. The Electrical Test and Inspection Engineer will work to ensure that a professional service is delivered in a safe and timely manner. This will primarily be achieved during normal working hours but there may be occasions where the requirement to work out of hours/within access hours is needed in order to deliver an exceptional service to our clients.
In return we offer a flexible benefits package which includes: generous holiday entitlement, pension scheme, healthcare scheme, access to Centrica Share plans, online discounts for major retailers, employee assistance program and more.
You will also be provided with a British Gas Van, mobile phone and mobile device to enable completion of electronic reports, plus all the tools required to enable you to do your job effectively.
This is a field based commercial engineer role working predominately at Birmingham University but some travel to other sites may be required.
To carry out electrical installation periodic inspection and testing work as specified. Such work to include:
- Must possess an ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative, to enable completion of the work in a safe and professional manner and as far as is reasonably practicable minimising impact to the client, whilst achieving the required work volume and output required by the company
- The role requires a person with good communication skills, capable of working (and communicating with site engineers to achieve the completion of reports within specified times).as part of a team
- Duties to include the requirement for carrying out electrical condition reports and the ability to complete minor remedial works as required
- The ability to produce accurate and concise certification and network drawings as required
- The role will require relevant IT skills to enable the production of reports in a digital format
Must be an innovative self motivated individual, capable of performing to high standards.
- Possess recognised electrical qualification preferably as a time served commercial electrician
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in requirements for Electrical Installations (current IEE wiring regulations) 17th Edition Regs (2382)
Preferred but not essential as additional training may be given:
- City & Guilds Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations or equivalent (2391/2394/5)
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Commercial Electrical Test & Inspect Engineer - Birmingham R9942990’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
Salary: £29,400 plus benefits package