Senior Modeling Analyst
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- Strong programming experience to augment statistics skills with the ability to analyse large, industry-sized datasets.
- Ability to translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the SAS platform and/or other industry standard data science platforms, while managing technical scope and expectations and demonstrating technical thought leadership.
- Design and manage the execution of all statistical models to ensure a quality solution is delivered; conduct all training, validation and testing of models.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills; experience with modelling complex economic or growth systems specifically churn models or customer lifetime models is preferred.
- Experience visualizing data, creating frameworks to automatically analyse data, and managing the data pipeline.
- Ability to communicate insights in a clear and concise manner such that business users and leadership can effectively act on insights gleaned.
- Experience with machine learning and data science platforms preferred.
- Must be self-motivated with a positive attitude, strong potential and evidence of continuous improvement and learning.
- Capacity to manage and prioritize multiple initiatives and/or opportunities at once.
- Ability to execute and follow through to completion on activities.
- Well balanced commercial aptitude and quantitative/technical know-how, energy market knowledge and expertise preferred, creativity and problem-solving abilities, strong oral and written communication skills.
- Willing to offer to and receive mentorship from other colleagues, ability to effectively iterate back-and-forth with the business and data warehousing teams to achieve impactful solutions, and willing to consistently share knowledge, methods, results and lessons learned with the team.
- 7+ years of model development in SAS or other industry standard data science platforms required
- 7+ years of experience in analytical, machine learning or statistical modelling roles
- Experienced in programming, statistical software packages (SAS), MS Excel and data science platforms
- Experience in customer churn modelling, segmentation, CLV modelling preferred
- Experience in applying quantitative methods in a business/commercial context and proven ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to a wide range of stakeholders
- Master’s degree or higher education is required; degree in statistics highly preferred; other acceptable degrees and specializations: computer science, machine learning, data science or mathematics
- Spearhead the development of churn analytics predictive models and frameworks to predict churn propensity, to target pricing and retention strategies, and to optimize overall portfolio management.
- Develop customer segmentation models and frameworks, customer lifetime value models and optimization models
- Provide decision support and analytical modelling to help with commercial decision making around market, product and channel strategies and model impact of scenarios on earnings and enterprise value.
- Liaison with Data Insights, Commercial, Pricing and IT to deliver churn and portfolio analytics models.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>