Senior Sales Support - CHP Team - Distributed Energy
Sr. Sales Support – CHP Sales Support, is a critical member of the Sales team for Centrica DE&P. Reporting into the CHP Sales Manager (and with a dotted line to the Commercial Manager ), this role is expected to work broadly and collaboratively across the team to achieve a timely and accurate pre-sales experience for distributed energy CHP & solutions for large energy users. This individual ensures that proposals and proposition materials are tailored and sent to Solutions prospects in a professional manner. The role collects, researches and verifies account and energy information in order to help the Commercial team accurately price and generate Solutions proposals and contracts. This position is responsible for ensuring contracts are formed and finalized in a timely fashion, and all deal and project required documents are complete. Specifically, the role will be responsible as the in-house point of contact and coordination for complex asset based and project based contracts for capital and service projects for large energy users, often across multiple products, sites, and partners (‘Solutions’) on a deal by deal basis:
• Solutions may include construction, installation, operation and maintenance of distributed energy sources and associated infrastructure such as battery storage, Combined Heat & Power and traditional gensets, solar PV, and other efficiency upgrades.
• Contracting and structuring methods for Solutions may include financing such as in the form on Energy Performance Contracts and long-term support such as Energy Services Agreements.
• It is expected that the role will work in close collaboration with our energy supply and wholesale teams to ensure we can offer the customer a truly turn-key energy project approach; including structured energy supply, demand response participation and renewable credit purchasing
- Bachelor’s preferred
- 2 or more years experience in sales, marketing or customer service. Energy industry experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of utility rules and requirements for retail energy suppliers
- Knowledge of retail energy commodity products and pricing components.
- Knowledge of the sales cycle preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a commitment to delivering superior customer service
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced entrepreneurial team environment
- Attention to detail and deadline orientation
- Strong user capability with Microsoft Office products, in addition to Customer Relations manager databases
- Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
• Act as a knowledgeable liaison between the sales originators, customers, commercial teams and engineer / operations departments to resolve customer pre-Sales issues
• Collect and coordinate responses to RFP and other associated leads and requests for information
• Create and coordinate proposal and contract documents for potential Solutions customers
• Collect and verify Power and Natural Gas usage, demand and other information
• Collect project relevant materials, including blueprints, project designs and specifications
• Produce ad-hoc customer reports, presentations and proposals in the pre-sale process
• Initiate and coordinate accurate and timely internal and external paperwork for projects, including registrations, filings and other required documents
• Provide expertise in the use of CRM and pricing systems
• Adjudicate and approve credit for small customers via utility invoice review and internal pay history review, initiate and track credit approval for larger customers via internal stakeholders
• Maintain knowledge on commodity and Solutions products, contract terms and conditions, DE risk policy and internal processes.
• Remain current on competitive and market conditions. Provide input on market activities to the appropriate marketing and management personnel
• Represent DE at customer/broker/industry events.