Category Management Champion
We have an exciting opportunity for a Category Management Champion who will play a key part in delivering the Procurement Transformation programme by ensuring that a Category Management approach is consistently embedded within the team.
This isn’t just any role, this is a position in the Procurement team where you will be leading by example, challenging the status quo and becoming the ambassador for Category Management.
If you are highly experienced in category and supplier management and want to create a lasting legacy in a FTSE 100 by shaping the procurement transformation, then we would love to hear from you.
- Location: Staines
- Salary: Competitive
- Working closely with the Procurement teams to deliver timely and effective support for the delivery of Category Planning within the organisation.
- Delivery of a consistent framework for Category Management to deliver a single approach which can be rolled out across all areas of the organisation.
- Working with Procurement colleagues to deliver a Category Management approach which meets the requirements of the new organisational model.
- Ability to manage portfolio to support colleagues in a way which meets the Procurement target agenda/focus areas at that point in time.
- Day to day support for colleagues in pulling together category strategies.
- Contributing to a delivery approach for the deployment of a consistent methodology across the group.
- Leaving a lasting legacy of change and improvement in how Procurement is deployed across the organisation. •Working with the Procurement Leadership team to own and develop a plan to deliver a consistent Category Management Champion service throughout the procurement team. Flexes available resource to meet changing business requirements and priorities.
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to Category Management Champions.
- Recruit, select, train, develop and manage and lead staff to maintain a high level of commitment in a team-working environment that allows full development and use of individual competencies.
- Be a constructive integral member of the wider Procurement team, actively supporting the development and delivery of the Procurement strategic plans and objectives.
- Degree educated or appropriate relevant in work experience.
- Membership of CIPS (or equivalent)
- Excellent experience of a Category Management approach and understanding of good Procurement practice, including Supplier Management best practice.
- Good understanding of data sources that can build a category plan and has experience of using insight effectively.
- Ability to coach/mentor individuals to drive improved behaviours and approaches.
- Delivery of category based success across a number of diverse categories and market places.
- Experience of team leadership, motivating and coaching staff within a complex and culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to challenge industry norms and proactively seek out opportunities to deliver sustained improvements in performance.
- Strong engagement and influencing skills across the function.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Category Management Champion R9932805’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.