Project Design Lead
Centrica Business Solutions is part of Centrica – a global energy and services company dedicated to satisfying the changing needs of its customers.
We provide construction services to deliver projects across the UK for industrial and commercial customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for an Project Design Lead.
We are looking for an Engineer who seeks the challenge and opportunities of working for a leading blue chip organisation.
- Location: Windsor, with some travel to other offices and client sites
- Salary: Competitive and generous benefits package
Due to the predicted growth for Centrica Business Solutions, there is a need to recruit a Project Design Lead within the Engineering Function. Projects are expected to cover multiple technologies, including CHP, power generation , diesel generator grid enablement, solar and battery storage.
- Leading electrical, mechanical and civil design solutions
- Responsible for the solution development and end to end design and engineering delivery function for distributed energy projects for our industrial and commercial clients
- Manage end to end design and engineering delivery function for our industrial and commercial clients
- Maintain subject matter expertise in the relevant distributed generation technology that assigned to this
Centrica seeks an ambitious, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual. Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team with analytical & problem solving skills, project design management and leadership qualities
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with cross functional teams and the management
- Delivery oriented, proactive and agile, collaborative
- Able to implement engineering and technical projects to a high standard
- Self-starter, self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction
- Construction knowledge/background
- Engineering knowledge/background
- Relevant engineering degree (2.1 or above)
- Chartered engineer or equivalent is desirable not essential
- Good understanding of Construction Design and Management Regulations
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Project Design Lead R9940891’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.