Application and Data Analyst
Centrica has an exciting opportunity for an Application and Data Analyst based in Staines. This role is respinsible for supporting innovative solutions critical to the business operations with a high financial impact.
Key systems used within the solution are Lavastorm, Interconnect and Dispute manager by CSGI (widely used within the telco world) which forms the core backbone of an innovative solution delivering settlement of the wholesale invoicing within the smart metering operational world as well as others.
In the role you will be responsible for the further development, support and maintenance of the solution.
- Supports the Head of Industry UK on day to day management and delivery of the solution
- Undertakes development work ensuring design principles are adhered to and components are refactored wherever possible
- Support review of code for multiple deployments and works with other developers in reviewing release management activities for delivery of changes
- Completes development deliverables in a timely manner and to the appropriate level of quality so that the delivered solutions are fit-for purpose, can be efficiently supported and the impact of future change requests can be assessed
- Ensures peer reviews , unit tests are prepared and conducted across the entire team
- Produces a component test report detailing unit test results, unit test code coverage, peer review outcome, adherence to coding standards and any exceptions
- Advise on the creation and execution of test scripts in other testing phases, as required
- Creates and updates application documentation
- Follows all change control procedures and puts in place full version control and configuration management to ensure that the production service is not compromised
- Ensures compliance with statutory and company procedures, including security policies
- Contributes to retrospectives to incorporate learnings into future work
- Maintains an understanding of relevant industry trends and current knowledge of the technology deployed in the business area
- Assess and analyses data issues and ensures that all solution documentation is kept up to date
- Works closely with other teams to deliver improvements and co-ordinates with them where needed to ensure correct functioning of the solution
- Liaises and works closely with business functions using the solution, guides, supports and offers them expert advise and training where needed.
- Strong experience in a data analyst role ideally utilising the base software mentioned (LavaStorm, Interconnect, Dispute manager) or has experience of other data analytical tooling such as SAP Data Services, Business Objects, SAS etc, to carry out day to day development activities, with key strength in at least one of the areas stated
- Excellent understanding and experience of SQL
- Good Understanding of relational database technologies
- Good organisational awareness of process , tools and methodologies
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills
- Good team working skills and ability to deliver on time
- Ideally a basic understanding of SAP platforms and technical data entities across the Business functions
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to follow through and ensuring successful development of code for simple to medium projects
- Understanding of Utilities industry or telco environments
- Trained and has technical understanding of any of the technologies of lavastorm, Interconnect or Dispute manager or the willingness to learn
- Good communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- Ability to work in a team environment under supervision
- Team skills - Builds & Maintains Relationships. Helps to achieve team goals
- Service Focus – understand business criticality and focus on customer needs
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Application and Data Analyst R9942552’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
Salary - Competitive