- Lead development of of strategies directing the most appropriate pricing, products and promotions to the most relevant customers, concentrating on building value, treating customers fairly and creating a superb customer experience
- Build CVM plans to deliver strategic objectives and meet UK Home commercial and customer targets.
- Influence and senior stakeholders to manage the effectiveness of CVM activities to ensure that we are maximising performance and driving efficiency
- Formulate optimal targeting and micro-segment strategies to personalise customer communications, interactions and treatments Omni-channel using all available customer data, comms assets, offers / propositions and operational capability.
- Commercially assess all proposals, sizing opportunities and trade offs to plan.
- Lead yearly and quarterly CVM planning process working closely with CVM managers, planners and analysts, providing input and alignment into operating plan and forecasting cycle.
- Identify value growth opportunities, value eroded and other trends that can be acted upon and recommends activity plans.
- Creates Customer Contact and Channel Plans for specific area of responsibility and ensure that customer contact policies are maintained.
- Develop, maintain and interlock contact volume forecast for specific area of responsibility with channels including expected performance.
- Provide a systematic approach to customer lifecycle management through segmented and personalised customer treatments.
- Influence and brief value insight and propensity modelling roadmap and work plans to accurately identify customers’ targets.
- Influence and advise senior stakeholders in Marketing and Sales on optimal marketing and channel spend – CTA, CTS, marketing etc – to maximise return of marketing investment and channel effectiveness.
- Strong data analytical skills to interpret data and produce insight in order to understand opportunities, challenges and potential risks.
- Familiarity with modelling, analysis, simulation and optimisation tools.
- Strong end-to-end knowledge of data-driven direct marketing / sales channels and how these drive value and ROI.
- Confidence and creditability with developed communication skills and able to explain the analysis in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong problem solving skills are essential, along with an ability to manage a varied workload, to tight deadlines.
- Strong commercial acumen and effective decision making.
- Capacity to innovate and think creatively with data and to understand what is – and what is not – possible with any data sets.
- Sound understanding of marketing / BTL strategies and evaluation to enable effectiveness measurement against campaigns.
- Sound understanding of targeting including data interrogation and manipulation, campaign management and analysis tools, predictive and descriptive modelling.
- Clear understanding of legal requirements with DPA, other regulatory controls and internally developed contact policies.
- Extensive experience in CVM, CRM, Customer Experience or related role.
- Extensive experience in managing customer acquisition, cross/up sell, engagement and retention strategies and responsible for related KPIs and targets.
- Deep understanding and proven experience in customer base and churn management within the energy or financial services industry as well as related regulation and legislation.
- Highly experienced in customer segmentation, targeting and analytical modelling with a proven track record of commercial management and forecasting. Minimum 5 years’ experience of direct or digital marketing ideally in a similar industry.
- Experience of highly numerate work, structured thinking, with strong analytical/data interpretation skills. § Knowledge of using industry leading applications decisioning tools such as Pega Marketing, ARM, Unica AND/OR data and analytical tools SQL / SAS / SPSS.
- Experience of influencing senior level stakeholders, with ability to achieve alignment across multiple teams with competing priorities. Capable of facilitating and influencing strategic debate.
- Experience of using customer insight and statistical models for developing contact plans, allocating customer investment, targeting comms and developing propositions.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: CVM Strategist R9942698’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.