As a Project Manager, you will be accountable for end-to-end delivery, including scope, plan, quality management on time and to budget, and embedding of change into BAU, of a project or number of small projects, on behalf of business sponsors. Alternatively, you may be accountable for a workstream within a large project or programme.
- To work with the business stakeholder(s) to develop a robust Bid Document and Business Case including a benefits realisation plan, KPIs, document business requirements and challenge where appropriate
- To design and plan for the realisation, measurement and maximisation of business benefits in line with the business case
- To establish a project plan with clear scope, goals, deadlines, dependencies, assumptions and milestones
- To determine resourcing requirements needed to successfully deliver your project/workstream
- To determine agree deliverables, processes, quality standards and budgets
- To ensure the dependencies are defined, communicated, managed and understood
- To actively manage all risks and issues. Determine ownership and resolve or escalate if necessary
- To establish effective project governance to support robust decision making and escalation
- To manage and deliver the project, including cross-functional resources/workstreams, following the British Gas UK change methodology and processes
- To manage costs to deliver to the business case expectations with focus on optimisation on ROI ensuring benefits and effort are prioritised to get the best return
- To manage and monitor the project progress to the critical path, resolve obstacles in a timely fashion and raise Change requests as necessary to control scope
- To manage and report project progress, milestones, risks, issues, financials to stakeholders on a regular basis and to the Portfolio Office. Ensure all Project Management deliverables are in place and up-to-date
- To manage the delivery and relationships with internal and third party suppliers
- To work with by motivating and coaching the project teams you are working with, across functions and structures to ensure continued high performance in the teams in a matrix management organisation
- To ensure there are adequate resources, including contingency arrangements, to run the business and meet our customer commitments. You will be provided with work on an assignment basis – timescales of which may vary depending on the nature of the assignment/project. Assignments could be within any of the change disciplines within British Gas.
You will be an experienced Project Manager, possessing strong leadership, coaching skills and will ideally have experience of working in large, fast paced, matrix organisation and in change management. You will possess the ability to see the wider business perspectives and context and the business challenges alongside holding a tenacious, resilient, proactive and resourceful approach to issue and risk resolution and contingency planning. You will be an excellent communicator and influencer at all levels, a self-starter but also a strong team player, with appreciation of the opportunities and challenge of working in change.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Nikita.Pujara@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Project Manager R9942642’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.