Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Job Knowledge or Work Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in development and post-implementation technical support
- At least one year using a combination of .NET technologies, SQL Server 2005/2008 and Web Services. A master’s degree is accepted in place of 3 years of development experience.
- Knowledge of multiple Microsoft application development languages (C#, ASP.NET) and SQL Serve
- Demonstrated expertise in object oriented analysis and design
- Knowledge of .NET Frameworks (3.0/3.5 required; 4.0 desired).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX is desired
- Skilled in building reusable components
- Experience and understanding of Agile and other standard development methodologies.
- Extensive experience architecting and implementing multi-layer software solutions.
- Interpret business requirements into technical requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer focused
- Must be organized and a self-motivated starter, comfortable in a highly productive, fast paced environment
- Strong problem management and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical/technical aptitude
- Ability to work in a team environment
- University Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or like disciplines or equivalent work experience
- Establish Solution Designs and oversee their development through the use of on-shore/off-shore development partners
- Maintain and enhance relationships with other teams, both technical and non-technical
- Implement solutions with measurable attributes in areas of customer satisfaction, cost-to-serve, and quality
- Adhere to standard practices and quality measures when implementing problem resolutions
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>