Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We provide construction services to deliver projects across the UK for industrial and commercial customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer. This role is based at our Combined-Cycle Power Plant in Kings Lynn.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for asset performance improvement and technical support of the Engineering & Maintenance Manager with regard to Health, Safety and Environmental Performance, Production Performance and Asset Security in order to deliver agreed power generation production plans in line with customer requirements, safely and cost effectively
- Technical expert on site responsible for writing specifications and developing plant modifications of a minor nature for implementation by the site maintenance team or contracted specialist labour
- Responsible for the effective procurement of parts and services through developing technical specification, assessing tender returns and securing budget approval for expenditure to support the delivery of the maintenance strategy
- Providing technical excellence and leadership with Investigation, analysis and management of plant problems and issues in order to achieve continuous improvement in plant engineering and maintenance
- Contributes to the development, implementation and delivery of the site business plan, site maintenance budget and life cycle analysis, risk management plan, Business Management System (BMS), system audit, and other relevant senior management activities to ensure delivery of strategic and business goals
- Oversee and review the team delivery, through effective use of the performance management system and utilisation of station resources against the business plan and work programme and alter and allocate resource accordingly, interfacing with other CEOL teams to ensure that the overall station requirements are met
- Work with the Peaking Plant Engineering Team to effectively plan and manage the delivery of outages to time, quality and budget to ensure integrity to meet business and outage plans
- To establish and maintain effective communication networks within own and wider team, ensuring business objectives and activities are clear, understood and best practice is shared, through preparation and participation in team and toolbox talks and the site meetings to keep staff appraised of events and ensure they are involved and engaged in the business
Owing to the technical nature of this role you must hold a minimum of a HND (or equivalent experience) in an appropriate engineering subject and have extensive experience in power generation. You will need to have strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with internal and external personnel. It would be an advantage if you hold your IOSH and/or NEBOSH certificate.
Note: The plant is currently undergoing major upgrade and overhaul thus the first 12 months of this appointment will be to support extensive Balance of Plant Maintenance works working in conjunction with the Kings Lynn Maintenance team and multiple nominated contractors across all systems on site. Transitioning to commissioning support and flexible working will be required then followed by the initiation of operation of the plant commercially.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Mechanical Engineer R9942580’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.