Gas Pricing Analyst
Job DescriptionDE Business is the largest commercial and industrial retailer in North America
based on customer numbers. It provides natural gas and electricity sales to
small, medium and large-size businesses, public institutions, and government.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience.
- Strong quantitative analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines in pressure situations.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication skills.
The primary responsibility of this position is to derive accurate pricing for all natural gas deals in a timely manner according to established priorities. This fast paced position requires the Pricing Analyst to actively manage a number of pricing proposals simultaneously, validating data inputs while ensuring accurate and timely outputs to provide our Sales teams with prompt and competitive pricing for new and existing customers. The Pricing Analyst will work closely with Sales and Gas Operations to determine correct volumes and pricing and will also interact with IT, Billing, Contract Administration, and Legal as required.
- Price all natural gas deals either through our internal systems or manually for more unique deals in a timely manner according to established priorities.
- Ensure accurate deal structure and maintain the integrity of system data.
- Recommend system improvements; work with IT for implementation and test all system enhancements.
- Maintain various pricing related data tables.
- Calculate all liquidations and prepare monthly reports for senior management.
- Determine appropriate deal volumes based on historical volumes and weather trends.
- Assist in resolving billing discrepancies, working closely with the billing group, and correcting database anomalies.
- Perform various analyses and studies as required to assess the impacts of changing gas industry dynamics on our pricing curves.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability