Product Configuration Analyst
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
As a Product Configuration Analyst the incumbent will be responsible for maintaining the existing Direct Energy Business (DEB) product suite and play a key role in the development of new and innovative commodity and non-commodity based products and offerings. He/she will support the creation of the product strategy for DEB, working cross-functionally with Sales, Contract Administration , Billing, Receivables Management, Portfolio Strategy, Pricing, Marketing, Forecasting, and Finance teams. The successful candidate must be adept at translating data into information, and business challenges into operational solutions. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills, working with project managers and the Information Technology team to provide requirements and aid in the implementation of system and process improvements.
- Bachelor degree required; concentration in Economics, Finance, or Business preferred
- Previous energy industry experience preferred; especially an understanding of wholesale energy markets, the market drivers, and intricacies of regional markets
- Demonstrates expertise in utilizing Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Access
- An effective communicator with excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- An understanding of process control techniques, policies, and procedures is a plus especially experience that leverages technology as part of the solution
- Highly motivated, driven, and independent, including the ability to make effective decisions which directly impact the DEB Operating Plan and Financial Risk.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Self-motivated and very detail-oriented
- Participate in the creation and evolution of the commercial product strategy
- Support Sales and profitable growth of the Business through recommending nonstandard and complex product structures for strategic commercial & industrial customers.
- Spearhead the Customer Operations effort required to implement a new product offering along the prospect-to-cash lifecycle.
- Propose contract language that reflects the specifics of the product offering
- Create and test the product specific billing configuration for each Product which establishes the foundation for timely, complete, and accurate billing for over 200,000 service locations resulting in $400M in monthly billed revenue
- Maintain product matrix details that are utilized cross-functionally between Customer Operations, Sales and Retail Operations to ensure consistent treatment of costing structures and revenue recognition
- Conduct on going quality control monitoring to ensure the billing configuration infrastructure and supporting pricing attributes are accurate and reflect current market conditions. This includes performing the analytics related to regulatory changes and playing a key role in operationalizing the appropriate solutions.
- Provide advice and training on product structures and market trends
- Perform product analytics, including product profitability and continuous review of the active product suite to ensure competitiveness.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text