Ethics and Compliance Advisor
The job holder will provide Energy Compliance advice in line with all applicable Ofgem compliance requirements, to ensure key compliance risks / issues are adequately controlled or escalated.
Assisting in driving a culture where customers are treated fairly across the UK Energy businesses and collaborate with other “2nd Line of defence” functions across Centrica Group to develop / maintain an integrated and aligned approach to managing the risk of compliance with Laws and Regulations, in order to protect the profitability of the business and support positive customer outcomes.
- To ensure that the reputation of the Energy business is maintained; consumer/customer confidence heightened; the effectiveness of the organisation is optimised; regulatory intervention(s) mitigated and help the business reliably achieve objectives
- Ensuring regulatory risks are managed and escalated as appropriate
- Interpret, assess and communicate to Senior Leaders the regulatory requirements and risk associated with business initiatives and regulatory change
- Evaluate and input into Risk & Control activity to ensure that compliance obligations are adequately controlled
- Build and manage relationships across a matrix of key stakeholders to provide advice and support on a variety of complex regulatory matters, resolving conflict and providing challenge where necessary
- Assist in the development of a strategy and a plan to deliver the Advice strategic direction over a one to three year time horizon
- Operate an escalation process, ensuring the Manager UK Energy Advice and other stakeholders are advised promptly of all emerging issues and any adverse issues or trends that may impact on our ability to treat customers fairly
- Conduct one-off investigations, including the investigation of whistle-blowing reports, as required
- Maintain current knowledge of laws and regulations, keeping abreast of projected and recent changes
- Provide guidance to senior management, staff, and employees on ethics and compliance.
- Experience in providing ethics & compliance advice in a team under the regulatory oversight of Ofgem or appropriate experience gained through previous employment (desirable)
- Bachelor's Degree qualification or equivalent (desirable)
- Negotiating, influencing and communication skills to command professional respect
- Ability to develop close ‘trusted adviser’ relationships with key business leaders. Wins hearts and minds across the business and inspires others to act for the betterment of our business and its customers
- Clear understanding and absolute adherence to ethical principles, company values, Business Principles and policies
- Oral and written communication skills with a strong detail and analytical skills and the ability to identify and explain complex compliance requirements and convey difficult messages to all stakeholders
- Treats others fairly and equally
- Action orientated and knows what works
- Speaks the truth
- Demonstrates technical know-how.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Ethics and Compliance Advisor (R9941326) in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.