DTS Demand Analyst
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Management of the demand processes for all technical and resource demand in Infrastructure and Operations, ensuring that all requirements are challenged and sourced efficiently to enable ongoing delivery of services and activities within the Infrastructure and Operations groups.
Accountable for proactive demand forecasting within the Infrastructure and Operations functions, supporting cost control and portfolio financial forecasting activities
- Proven experience in service delivery and supplier relationship management within a service frame work including SLA, KPI and OLA management
- Numerate and has experience of planning and managing budgets
- Ability to engage, build and sustain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all activity delivers “greatest value”
- Relationship building and management with both internal and external customers and partners
- Management of senior and technical stakeholders
- Experience of negotiation with commercial organisations
- Positive attitude to developing professional knowledge, expertise and personal skills that lead to increased effectiveness
- Role model for colleagues to aspire to emulate in terms of service delivery, values and leadership behaviours
- Process driven, structured and analytical approach
- Understands business criticality and performs impact analysis to make informed decisions
- Experience of managing vendors operationally and commercially to deliver service
- Direct experience of engaging with 2nd/3rd level support functions from an operational perspective
- Ability to apply broad functional knowledge to complex and diverse issues.
- Matrix management of large teams with a diverse mix of internal and external resources
- Exposure to leading a subset/schedule within contract negotiations
- Requires a good understanding of the technologies provided and how they underpin the operations of the business
- Ability to create a clear and shared vision for the team, which will be supported by robust objectives, all of which seamlessly integrates with the wider organisation
- Excellent understanding of the key disciplines within an industry standard operational support function.
- Manages the demand management processes covering request, estimate, approval, purchasing, supply of all technical and resource requirements for the Infrastructure and Operations group
- Manage existing Demand management processes and implementing new processes or process improvements through a Continuous Service Improvement Plan (CSI), ensuring that key performance indicators are achieved
- Identify and deliver cost efficiencies and control measures to drive cost savings through IS service demand and usage
- Provide governance around the Demand approval process, ensuring that all costs and timelines for delivery are challenged where required.
- Responsible for prioritising and managing the Demand teams workload and standards using Service-Now reporting to identify gaps in Process adherence.
- Work with key functions to ensure that all financial standards/processes are managed and continually improved.
- Manage the Technical Services Catalogue request process, including introduction of new requests, providing governance, communications and training as required to ensure compliance within the IS organisaton
- Provide governance reporting and measurement against contractual supplier service levels and business key performance indicators.
- Ensure supplier governance meetings are undertaken as required, driving supplier service provision.
- Provide assurance on the monthly demand management billing from suppliers, providing an internal escalation route for any disputes against delivery of supplier proposals.
- Engage proactively with the Infrastructure and Operations functional managers to drive an effective relationship to deliver the Demand Management objectives, seeking feedback and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Management and relationship building with our key 3rd party suppliers to ensure efficient delivery of services against contracted services