Payroll Operations Assistant
We have an exciting position for a Payroll Operations Assistant to join our new and exciting ‘complex queries team’ in HR Operations. This team comprises of curious specialists who focus on a dedicated stream in-order to close outstanding Workday queries and implement process changes to help the business become more agile.
In this role you will be responsible for the Payroll stream focusing on supporting the delivery of UK Payroll transaction services, Centrica’s third party provider and resolving Workday queries concerning Pay.
If you have Payroll experience and enjoy getting to the root cause of problems, then this could be role for you.
- Acts as one of the points of escalation for Payroll queries that cannot be answered by 3rd party providers or Centrica HR teams and resolves disputes between employees and 3rd parties as appropriate.
- Supports a drive for continuous improvement across the wider operations team and the 3rd party provider, constantly seeking opportunities to improve and develop the service.
- Partners with the HR Systems team to design, test and implement system and interface changes arising from statutory or corporate changes to data, processes or systems.
- Understands and supports key inputs to the Payroll process arising from adjacent processes, e.g. onboarding, time and attendance management, movers and leavers.
- Ensures that processes contribute appropriately to the delivery of the Payroll service and are changed and/or optimised as required.
- Supports the process owner for in scope Payroll services
- Constantly monitors the statutory and regulatory environment to ensure that emerging statutory requirements are identified and embedded into the payroll processes to ensure that Centrica meets its employer obligations in both Geographies.
- Supports Corporate functions including Finance and Tax to ensure proper coordination on Payroll related manner; Resolves issues as needed
- Understands and contributes to driving implementation of Payroll Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity measures in , documenting these and enacting them as necessary.
- Collaborates, along with Payroll Operations Manager, with Corporate Control and Risk teams to maintain ongoing Payroll controls and ensure that they are operating effectively
- Ideally payroll qualified
- Experience delivering payroll services, preferably within a large company
- Experience of governing the performance of 3rd party outsourced service providers
- Proven ability to manage change and implement operations arising from, regulatory, statutory and corporate business change.
- Experience with SAP
- Exposure to Workday would be advantageous
- Track record of building and maintaining effective internal and external relationships.
- Able to think creatively to address existing and emerging business challenges with innovative ideas and approaches
- Understanding of controls and procedures and how to collaborate with key teams in ensuring compliance
- Planning and organisation of self to achieve optimum results
- Strong and confident interpersonal skills, with clear direction and purpose
- Strong written skills, able to map workflows confidently and accurately
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to deliver
- Commercial acumen
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Payroll Operations Assistant R9940363’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
Salary - Competitive plus benefits.