Pricing Strategy & Analytics Manager
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
Direct Energy is seeking a skilled energy pricing professional to manage and oversee its residential Pricing Strategy & Analytics team. The ideal candidate should have prior cost structuring experience, knowledge of deregulated energy in all power and gas markets, ability to develop customer lifetime valuation models, and experience developing rate forecasting tools compatible with ETRM systems. Previous experience in successfully bringing new products and offers to market is preferred. A strong business acumen and the ability to communicate and explain complex analyses and strategies to technical and non-technical personnel is paramount to the success of the candidate in this role.
- Ability to apply churn curve based on CLV scenario and pricing strategy
- Development and maintenance of complex fixed, renewal and variable pricing strategies
- Knowledge of market share, competitive landscape, regulatory and compliance rulings in all markets
- ISO costing knowledge: NYISO, NEPOOL, PJM, MISO, ERCOT
- Gas region costing knowledge: New England, Upstate NY, Metro, MidCon, and Midwest
- In-depth knowledge of TX TDSP component build-up, prepaid and post-paid pricing and billing requirements, applicable tax, and PUC fees
- Comprehension of utility, pipeline, ISO and FERC tariffs including Price to Compare
- Experience developing Fixed, Flat Bill, Tiered, Minimum Use, Index plus, Nymex plus, Bundled, Rewards, and Bill Credit offers
- Billing types: Rate Ready, Bill Ready, Dual, Supplier and Utility Consolidated
- Knowledge of ETRM, energy hedging and load forecasting a plus
- Expert in MS Excel with excellent financial modeling and analytical skills
- Expert in SQL (Querying and Coding)
- Solid VBA, Access DB and SAS skills. R, Python or other programing language is a plus
- Must be able to effectively manage change and a team of highly skilled analyst
- Able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines on a continuous basis
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Energy Management, Mathematics or Engineering with at least 5 years experience in an energy-related field is required.
As Manager of Pricing Strategy & Analytics, the individual will operate as a key member of the NAH Energy Pricing Team and will be held accountable for (1) analysing and implementing churn-reducing pricing strategies, (2) reviewing and modelling new products and ideas, (3) the accuracy of short and long term rate forecasting, (4) development and maintenance of pricing models, (5) successfully incorporating churn propensity into pricing strategies,(6) tracking and reporting on product performance from inception to retirement (7) effective collaboration across multiple LOB’s and (8), leading and inspiring team members to deliver exceptional results
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability