Senior Billing Analyst
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Senior Billing Analyst is responsible for identifying and engaging all resources, both internal and external to continually improve processes to produce timely and accurate customer invoices. This Senior Analyst will evaluate current billing systems and processes to identify opportunities for improvement and provide insights and recommendations to both the 3rd party billing software provider and DEB internal departments. The Senior Analyst is considered a subject matter expert, is responsible for leading project work and facilitating solutions for critical or global billing issues, and works under limited supervision with a focus and direct impact on the customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business or a related area and 2-4 years of experience
- 1 year of energy industry experience, preferred
- Proven ability to lead small to medium teams
- An effective communicator with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrates expertise of billing practices and procedures within a particular business field.
- Process optimization experience preferred
- Demonstrates expertise in utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel - MS Access and SQL preferred
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work in a pressure paced environment
- Responsible for ongoing process and procedure improvements and development of efficiencies to improve speed and accuracy for all customer billings.
- Support internal and external audit requirements
- Identify, recommend, test, and implement future system enhancements to make the billing process more accurate and efficient.
- Create and manage protocols for preventing and handling billing exceptions and delays.
- Participate as subject matter expert for any Merger & Acquisition or billing migration projects.
- Responsible for identifying and closing operational gaps.
- Responsible for training the Billing Department staff and other functional groups, such as Customer Relations and Sales, regarding the use of billing tools, complex invoice calculations and billing software programs.
- Manage internal billing relationship with IS on all billing related capital projects.
- Ensure operational readiness for new products and new market entries by planning, recommending, testing, and implementing processes or data aggregations that produce accurate customer invoices.
- Participate in cross functional process improvement teams to realign operational focus on automating and streamlining the invoice generation process.
- Responsible for accurate power and gas revenue recognition.
- All other projects and duties as assigned.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text