Project Manager - Capacity Market
Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We provide construction services to deliver projects across the UK for industrial and commercial customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for a Capacity Market Analyst.
The Capacity Market (CM) is a mechanism introduced by the Government to achieve long term security of supply and to ensure that electricity supply continues to meet demand as more intermittent renewable generation plants come on line. Existing and new build power generating assets can apply to take part in Auctions to win revenues in exchange of committing the asset to delivering power to the grid in times of system stress events.
This position can be based in Windsor or Brigg. Travel will be required as a part of this role.
Project Manager - Capacity Market: In A Nutshell
This role is to project manage Centrica and customer assets through the Capacity Market process from prequalifying assets into the Capacity Market, preparing and participating in the Auction, milestone tracking to maintain these agreements and helping to ensure these assets are delivering against their commitments. This is a high-profile role with a responsibility to create and protect millions of pounds of potential revenue for the company.
Project Manager - Capacity Market: What you will be doing
- Refine existing prequalification data collation processes to address step change in DEP customer assets
- Ensure that all pre-qualification criteria are met in due time to enable successful participation in CM process for all Merchant Power and DEP customer assets
- Ensure that all pre-auction and pre-delivery milestone submissions are mapped and met to ensure our assets are able to access the CM Auction and maintain their CM agreements
- Support logistics of internal exit price approval process
- Responsible for ensuring that auction processes and logistics are in place to participate effectively in the Capacity Auction period
- Manage credit cover process for new build / DSR asset
- Ensure a clear audit trail for decision making during the capacity market auction
- Prepare Merchant Power assets and support the DEP business to successfully deliver required capacity in the delivery year
- Ensure any Capacity Market Rule or Legislation changes are integrated into internal CM plans and processes
- Run the risk management process for the capacity market
- Day to day management of the CM confidentiality process
Project Manager - Capacity Market: To be brilliant at this role you will be/have:
- Prior experience of project management
- Previous experience of compiling complex information from multiple sources to get through a tender acceptance process or similar
- Previous experience of a Capacity Market would be desirable
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with both internal and external personnel at all levels of seniority
- Commercial flair with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Assimilating key information from complicated documentation and distilling down into key objectives and milestones for the project team
Competitive salary and excellent company benefits
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Project Manager - Capacity Market R9937457’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.