Channel Development Manager - Engineering Partners - Distributed Energy
Channel Development Manager – Engineering Partners, is a crucial member of the Channel Sales team for Centrica DE&P. This role is expected to work broadly and collaboratively across Centrica to achieve an exciting and innovative growth agenda to deliver distributed energy solutions for large energy users.
The Channel Development Manager - Engineering Partners (CDM) will be responsible for leveraging new and existing professional engineering relationships across Centrica for sales growth. This role must have a strong experience with prime power applications, mechanical and electrical engineering. This includes, but is not limited to CHP, standby generators, boilers, chillers and other relevant products. The CDM’s primary initial focus will be working closely with existing ENER-G Rudox engineering partners.
Responsibilities include promoting Centrica solutions with engineering partners, running educational seminars that provide continuing education credits for professional engineers, conducting factory tours, product demonstrations, and technical design assistance. This individual will be focused on getting engineers to specify Centrica’s solutions as the basis of design and must be both enthusiastic and compelling as a technical solutions salesperson.
As a revenue-generating role the CDM will be responsible for the successful partner origination through to sales close of solutions contracts. The individual will work within the larger solutions channel team, but be wholly responsible for this vertical.
Based in Iselin, NJ, the primary territory to include Northeast US. Expected travel/off-site requirements to be required. Frequent and regular travel to see prospects and customers.
- University degree (business, economics, engineering preferred), MBA or equivalent preferred
- Experience selling to tier 1 and tier 2 engineering firms in various technologies and getting products specified as the basis of design
- Strong B2B sales experience including complex deals
- Requires minimum of 6-8 years channel experience, preferably in the energy sector, and minimum 5 years of management experience
- Experience in the energy industry is strongly preferred
- Experience selling capital equipment or solution selling is preferable
- Excellent executive / customer presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with influence and quickly build credible relationships
- Proven track record of developing commercial projects
- Knowledge of North American natural gas and power markets useful
- Quick study; capable of grasping the structure & intricacies of the energy business & markets
- Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience working in a large/global company with matrix structure/relationships preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel is a must; frequent and regular visits to prospects and customers
- Become an expert on Centrica solutions products, our competition and the markets in which Centrica competes
- Promote Centrica solutions and partner programs at industry events and seminars.
- Recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales
- Ensure partner loyalty and partner satisfaction, and reduce partner churn in accordance with specific KPI’s
- Own the partner relationship and bring in resources from channel operations, marketing, product, and finance
- Manage the overall partner relationship, including all operations necessary to profitably retain, grow and service the partner
- Run continuing-education seminars, factory tours and product demonstrations
- Ensure Centrica solutions, specifically ENER-G Rudox engines, are specified as the basis of design by engineering partners
- Support technical design and drawing review discussions
- Collaborate with teams to support creation of professional proposal documents, pitches, tenders and presentations.
- Work with strategic partner accounts and sales group to maximize revenue potential
- Help partners identify new business and revenue opportunities.
- Help to deliver partner communications, joint collateral, and strategically manage joint events