Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to arrive at accurate pricing for all electric deals assigned by the Supervisor in a timely manner according to established priorities. Specialist will perform complex analysis on electric supply components to develop accurate forecasts to be used in pricing models. Specialist will work closely with various groups in Electric Operations to determine correct market pricing and any regulatory changes are factored in while developing proposals. The incumbent will also interact with IT to provide requirements and aid in the implementation of system and process improvements. The Specialist will have limited authority to approve pricing deviations and work on complex product structures in addition to handling some of the large and more complicated pricing requests such as National / Government and Default Supply customers. Specialist will be responsible for mentoring and training junior analysts.
- Bachelor's Degree in math, engineering, accounting or related field is required.
- Minimum 2-3 years energy industry experience.
- Familiarity with key aspects of PJM / NYISO / ISO-NE power pools is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Strong quantitative analytical and problem-solving skills with quality decision making ability. Multitasking ability in pressure situations while meeting tight deadlines. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ensure that all electric deals assigned by the Supervisor are priced in a timely manner according to established Sales priorities.
- Authority to approve pricing deviations from standard structures based on levels established by management.
- Make sure that rigorous and complex analysis is performed, on a monthly basis, for assigned non-market based components such as ancillaries, network transmission, scaling factors, line losses etc. to develop accurate forecasts to be used in the pricing models.
- Manage the proposal set up process amongst the team to ensure accurate volumes (usage, capacity and transmission obligations) are uploaded into the pricing models for developing forward contract quantities.
- Work closely with various teams within Electric Ops to reflect correct market based price curves in the pricing models and support the functioning of Electric Trigger desk.
- Lead the system and process improvements / enhancements; work with IT for implementation and testing of all system and process enhancements, e.g. automation of manual processes.
- Maintain and update all the tariffs at the utility and or ISO / power pool level in the proposal management system.
- Coordinate and maintain effective communication with different departments such as Sales, IT, Legal, Billing, Contract Admin, Energy Solutions etc. to ensure customer needs are met including but not limited to performing ad-hoc analysis and problem solving. Provide training, assist and partner with sales team in account management, advice on product structures, contract negotiations, provide market insights and attending meetings / seminars.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text