Asset and Configuration Analyst
Centrica has an exciting opportunity for an Asses and Configuration Analyst. The Asset and Configuration Analyst ensures effectiveness and efficiency of the Asset and Configuration Management Process. They will provide governance, quality and continuous improvement of the IS Asset and Configuration function.
Responsible for developing and owning the relationships between the Asset and Configuration Management team and the Data Owners within the Business, whilst ensuring the Asset and Configuration Management Process and CMS are fit for purpose, used in a compliant manner, and maintained as the single source of truth in relation to the Centrica IT Estate. Furthermore through the demonstration of an analytical approach and skill set they will identify and deliver opportunities for continuous improvement around ITIL and COBIT best practice. They will also develop and implement Data Connection enhancements and relevant technology roadmap
- Plans works to achieve the overall objectives to implement the organisation’s Asset and Configuration Management policy and standards
- On-going development of the asset management process and associated methods/techniques adhering to ITIL good practice principles
- Responsible for the effective stewardship of the Asset and Configuration Management database in line with agreed service targets
- Ensures the correct level of governance and security is applied to those using Asset and Configuration Management tools, and that those users are adequately trained
- Proposes and agrees naming conventions and levels to be held in the CMS with data owners.
- Provides regular Asset and Configuration Management reports, including monthly/weekly KPI’s, management reports and ad hoc CI reports
- Ensures the CMDB is populated, updated and audited
- Promotes asset and configuration awareness and follow up on process non compliance
- Requires a broad understanding of the technologies provided and how they underpin the operations of the business
- Experience in capacity and supplier relationship management within a service frame work including SLA, KPI and OLA management
- Ability to engage, build and sustain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all activity delivers greatest value
- Management of technical stakeholders
- Positive attitude to developing professional knowledge, expertise and personal skills that lead to increased effectiveness
- Process driven, structured and analytical approach
- Broad technical expertise and the ability to apply functional knowledge to complex and diverse issues
- Experience of working within an ITIL based service delivery model.
- Knowledge of managing performance with third parties or internal delivery teams within a service frame work, including SLA, KPI and OLA management
- ITILv3 Service Management Foundation qualified
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Asset and Configuration Analyst R9936954’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.