Operations Solutions Manager
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Manager, Operations Solutions is responsible for leading operational efficiencies, improved customer experience, and operational cost savings by managing business assessments and recommendations regarding platform implementations, integrations and consolidations to align solutions across the organization.
- BA or BS degree
- At least five (5) to seven (7) years of IT, operations and/or commercial experience, with a demonstrated track record of supporting program change
- At least 3-4 years’ experience managing operations projects, preferred
- Six Sigma a plus
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively across functional areas to achieve business goals and drive results with people at all levels
- Proven project management track record with demonstrated experience taking new initiatives from planning to implementation
- Teambuilding, networking and ability to communicate and drive results with people at all levels
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Proven experience in conflict resolution and effective negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a wide variety of audiences, both internal and external to the company
- Proactive, self-motivated, able to work independently and who can see the bigger picture and is comfortable making rational and reasonable decisions.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and work under pressure
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Focused, cost and performance driven personality
- Fit with Centrica vision & values
- Responsible for conducting in depth analysis of platform and data readiness for current and future DEB/NAB strategic initiatives to ensure Customer Operations can support
- Manage the implementation (design, development and testing) of Customer Operations platform strategy initiatives for power, gas, and non-commodity across US and Canada
- Liaise with IT for DEB/NAB Customer Operations projects and applications
- Evaluate and recommend business solutions, including technology deployment and process improvement to increase automation, improve accuracy, reduce costs, and enhance the overall customer experience
- Influence, collaboratively work with, and build buy-in with key stakeholders including IT, Sales, Commercial Operations, Marketing, corporate support functions and external parties to develop cost effective and efficient solutions to support the operational plan
- Communicate project overviews, plans, and updates to DEB leadership
- Establish and maintain customer centric culture, with focus on providing commercial solutions
- Contribute to the development of team members
- Demonstrate leadership to ensure high engagement of Customer Operations team
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text