The job holder’s primary role will be to provide support and assistance to the EM&T Legal and Ethics & Compliance teams of approximately 10 people.
- Assist the Head of EM&T Legal and Head of EM&T Ethics & Compliance in managing their teams’ diaries and organising meetings.
- Organising travel and processing expenses for the teams.
- Creating and maintaining the legal function in Centrica’s HR system.
- Secretarial duties including typing, formatting, filing (electronic and hard copy), organising couriers and other legal correspondence.
- Process all billing on Centrica’s e-billing systems (SAP and Legal Tracker) and managing payment of invoices.
- Interacting and engaging with key stakeholders in a professional, efficient, effective and friendly manner.
- Anticipating and assessing potential difficulties in advance and having a good appreciation of matters that may require escalation in a timely manner.
Supporting and co-operating
Supports others and shows respect and positive regard for them; puts people first, working effectively with individuals and teams, clients and staff; behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement those of Centrica
Excellent IT skills, especially Excel, Word, Outlook and database systems
Interacting and presenting
Communicates and networks effectively; builds and maintains good working relationships; successfully persuades and influences others; relates to others in a confident and relaxed manner; strong sense of integrity and discretion and ability to keep matters confidential
Analysing and presenting
Shows evidence of clear analytical thinking; quickly learns new technology; communicates well in writing; demonstrates a high-level of attention to detail
Creating and conceptualising
Produces new ideas, approaches or insights; creates innovative solutions and processes; produces a range of solutions to problems; works strategically to realise organisational goals; takes account of a wide range of issues across and related to the organisation
Organising and executing
Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones; manages a concurrent and diverse workload to a high level of detail; consistently achieves project goals
Adapting and coping
Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates and navigates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different levels of seniority or situations; works productively in a pressurised environment
Enterprising and performing
Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm; seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence; identifies own development needs and makes use of developmental or training opportunities; keeps up to date with legal, compliance and regulatory trends and initiatives
Ethics and diversity
Responds to compliance challenges in a commercial way underpinned by professional integrity and sound ethical standards; positively embraces equality and diversity within the workplace
- Experience of supporting an in-house Legal or Ethics & Compliance team in an energy or financial services environment would be an advantage.
- Effective user of office technology.
- Familiarity with Legal and Ethics & Compliance administrative support requirements e.g. legal billing, maintaining training records
Competitive salary and benefits.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Matthew.Sutton1@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Personal Assistant R9941350’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.