Technical Business Analyst
Technical Business Analyst
Location; Central London
Salary; Up to £45,000 + Bonus & excellent benefits
Purpose of the role?
As a Technical Business Analyst, you’ll be the underlying glue in your team and have a pivotal role in ensuring we keep to the high standards we need as we create and maintain our products here at Hive.
What will you be up to;
- You’ll know our products and system architecture inside out – allow you to focus on not only your own team’s roadmap, but understand how that fits within and impacts on Hive on a wider scale.
- You’ll work closely with your Product Owner, Scrum Master and development and QA team to shape and refine your backlog.
- You’ll be a leading driver in cross company collaboration, and be the face for your team when discussing the approach to technical requirements across the company – with the confidence to propose and challenge solutions.
- Organisation and running of meetings involving multiple stakeholders – translating requirements and solutions on both a high and low level.
- Helping to shape the sales and support side of Hive; driving revenue through seamless customer experience.
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be;
- A strong sense and understanding of technical implementations, solution proposals and frameworks.
- The ability to translate these across all levels of business.
- Experience and demonstration of technical documentation; creating data flow, use case, class, activity, sequence, process and component diagrams.
- Strong experience of working with and an understanding of APIs.
- The ability to not only see and understand complex systems, but also the low-level interactions among various components within those.
- An Understanding of SOA architecture and cross-team collaboration.
- Experienced with complex acceptance criteria and edge cases, mapping change to business process, Three Amigos and BDD
- Cross functional and distributed team experience.
- Hands on experience and good knowledge of Atlasssian JIRA and Confluence Wiki Excellent communication skills, with a close working relationship with Product Owner / UX Design team / Devs and QAs / Scrum Master
- Proven ability to take ownership, work with stakeholders to properly understand problems / challenges and develop the best solutions
- Good understanding and experience working with Agile Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Able to work in a high paced, multi-team and fast growing organisation.
- Solid experience as a Technical BA in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Knowledge of mobile application development cycle and delivery to app store process
- Experience in IoT domain is a plus, as is working with a range of mobile and app
- Experience in dealing with subscription and account management, e-commerce and payment solutions.
- You’ll be a critical and innovative thinker, proposing and shaping solutions that are customer focused and business driven.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Technical Business Analyst R9939847’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.