Location; Central London, with occasional travel
Salary; £competitive + car allowance & bonus with excellent additional benefits
You’ll support the Director of Strategy in developing the business strategy, (5-year Strategic Plan) and provide decision support and counsel for the Connected Home leadership team.
What will you be up to
- You’ll own UK&I and RoW strategic activity including assessing new geographies and developing market entry strategies while supporting global strategy development
- Develop and internally disseminate a deep understanding of the global Connected Homes sector forging a strong network of external stakeholders including research and advisory firms, financial institutions, academia and other market participants
- Deliver the annual Strategic Planning process owning the relationship with Group Strategy and Consumer Strategy teams and working with the Connected Home Commercial Directors to ensure robust commercial assumptions are made, owned and evidenced
- Craft a credible and compelling strategic narrative giving confidence to the Centrica board, Centrica investors and Financial Analysts to support the c.£150m request for investment each year and Centrica share price
- Propose the business metrics to track the delivery of the strategy and ensure the proposition and technology roadmaps are consistent with the strategy
- Highly self-guiding and strong influencer to play an active role in shaping the strategic agenda by challenging the status quo, bringing new thinking and models to bear
- Advise the UK&I and RoW Commercial Directors on their commercial decisions and support their teams in the implementation of their commercial strategies
- Take the lead in the design and delivery of high impact, cross-functional projects/ work-streams managing virtual teams of 10 or more external and internal resources
- Immediately take on urgent requests to support the Managing Director in assessing the strategic and commercial implications of material market events, competitor moves and critical internal issues
- Seen as a ‘go-to’ person for business and commercial problem solving expertise, storyline development and effective leadership team communications
To be brilliant in this role you will have or be
- Expert analytical, numerical and strategic problem solving skills
- The ability to gain insights from numbers and determine the business implications
- Educated to degree level at minimum
- Previous experience of supporting senior business leaders in assessing their strategic context and providing decision oriented analysis and recommendations. Experience with a top-tier strategy consultancy or the strategy function of a blue-chip corporate will be preferred
- Advanced use of excel and solid competency with financial modelling (P&L, Cash flows)
- Ability to think creatively and to adapt innovative solutions to challenges
- Commercial acumen and an understanding of business drivers
- Strong relationship building, communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Strong time and project management skills, often managing multi projects
- Ability to handle complex issues, manage multiple stakeholders, multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and work on a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues
- Self-guiding and comfortable with high levels of ambiguity and reprioritisation
- The understanding of the consumer trends, competitive landscape, market environment and policy, technology and business model evolution across the value chain globally and in local markets
- Further experience within technology and consumer facing industries is desirable
- Experience developing structured communications and story lining
- Track record of delivering projects, presentations, or reports for senior management
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 4 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 500,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Strategy Manager R9940240 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.