IS Service Desk Analyst
- Supports the provision of an efficient, cost effective and customer focused services desk which provides a single point of contact for all users of IS, logging and managing all incidents, service and access requests
- Provision of first line support, including retaining end to end ownership and resolution of calls working with IS Service Operations teams to undertake 2nd and 3rd line support where required
- Provision of a facility for users to request and receive standard services
- Provides day to day service desk support
- Identify and resolve incidents within agreed SLAs, ensuring 1st line resolution is achieved wherever possible referring to second and third line support where required but maintaining ownership of the issue until resolved
- Properly log, prioritise, assign, track and respond to incidents and requests in a timely manner meeting agreed SLA's and according to agreed standards and procedures ensuring normal service operations are restored as quickly as possible
- Escalate high priority incidents to both internal and external teams as appropriate
- Effectively fulfill service requests and queries
- Ensures the service desk remains efficient, cost effective and customer focused
- Keep users and other interested parties informed of progress throughout the lifecycle and ensure that corrective action is taken to avoid or minimise delays
- Continually increase the amount of calls resolved at the first point of contact
- Appropriately apply priority setting and escalation procedures
- Professionally resolve complaints - Contribute ideas for improvements
- Ensures that appropriate reports are provided
- Maintains support documentation of tools that are used by the service desk
- Monitors incident trends and identifies recurring incidents for resolution
- Ensures that all relevant incidents are linked to their appropriate problem
- Ensures that root-cause analysis is conducted for problems
- Experience of Service Delivery & Support roles.
- Experience in an IS Technical Service environment.
- ITIL v3 Foundation (or equivalent experience).
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in related discipline.
Travel & Location
- The role is expected to participate in the IS On-Call Duty Rota and needs to be fit to travel if necessary.
- If critical services are unavailable and impacting the Business, the role is likely to be involved at any time of the day-or-night on a 24*365 basis
- Flexibility and the ability to travel to all Centrica Storage sites is expected including Easington Terminal and Offshore.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: IS Service Desk Analyst R9940826’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.