Technical Service Desk Agent
Technical Service Desk Agent
The Technical Service Desk Agents (TSD) are tasked with acting as 2nd line support for all partner escalations of a Priority 1 or Priority 2 (P1 or P2) issues.
They receive escalations via the Incident Management process and are tasked with resolving these issues where possible or escalating to the 3rd Line Support, acting as the single point of contact and the end to end management of reported incidents.
This role is based in Cambridge and would pay circa £28,000 plus bonus and corporate benefits (3% flex cash, 25 days holiday, pension, etc).
Technical Service Desk Agent - The Role
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Provision of 1st & 2nd line support to diagnose and rectify client data, systems and network faults (i.e. routing, LAN switching, basic firewall security, IPT, WAN, SIP, mobile, AWS, Hosted Networks.)
- Pro-active management of alerts generated by BGCH management/monitoring systems – instigating diagnostics, escalating to appropriate 3rd party and managing through to closure.
- Liaison with all relevant 3rd party Suppliers
- To ensure that requests for technical support, troubleshooting and fault diagnosis are serviced in a timely manner and, where applicable, within agreed service level time scales.
- To ensure that all on-going actions and the current status of problems are fully documented in the CRM System
- Assist in coordinating operations and engineering teams in order to identify errors and anomalies
Technical Service Desk Agent - The Person
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven understanding of basic network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP etc.)
- Ability to act as a source of technical expertise to others
- Solid experience with Unix/Windows/Linux operating systems
- Highly organised with consistently strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates adherence to process
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Time management
- Experience in a TSD/ Technical Support environment
- Experience working within a Customer Support Environment
- The TSD Agent will be a personable, presentable individual who can demonstrate the technical and personal competencies required to support a varying number of new and emerging technology areas.
- They must have an ability to work on their own as well as part of a team and must have a flexible approach to hours of work.
- They must be able to work under pressure.
- They should live within commuting distance of Cambridge and be able to commit to the ways of working as described above.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Technical Service Desk Agent R9936592’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.