Claims Handler - Motor
Working as part of a busy team, the Claims Handler will administer claims on a “cradle to grave” basis within the group.
The role will predominantly be dealing with third party motor claims and the Claims Handler will be able to settle or defend claims appropriately, as well as recover losses from third parties.
The role is a permanent role based in Basingstoke.
- Negotiation to point of settlement claims within pre-agreed criteria
- Investigate and monitor developments on incidents which could give rise to claims
- Liaise with insurers, loss adjusters and solicitors as required to assist in their investigations into claims
- Be in frequent contact with claimants, sometimes in confrontational situations; the jobholder must display diplomacy and tact in these situations as they are ambassadors for the group and all must be done to stop an escalation of the matter
- Work on own initiative in such situations and take decisions on issues of liability, where necessary, if this limits such escalation.
- Previous experience in a similar working environment or within the claims unit of an insurance company
- A good working knowledge of the legal process and legislation surrounding compensation claims is essential
- Sound attention to detail with the ability to deliver work to a consistently high standard and within agreed time scales
- Confident and capable in managing a range of customer correspondence, some of which may become emotionally charged
- Good levels of literacy, numeracy and Microsoft Windows experience
- Tact and assertiveness when dealing with customers
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A professional attitude
- Good administrative and computer keyboard skills
- Respect for confidential information.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Claims Handler - Motor R9940927’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.